• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Gauge Hook-Up

You can use a tapped tee and splice it into your fuel line or get a 90* fitting that has a fuel line tap on it. Vulcan performance.com would have anything you want to do it with. I used a tapped tee in the fuel line befor the vp. The important thing is to isolate the sender from the water hammer effect of the vp pumping. Alot of us use a needle valve where ever we make the tap and barely crack it open for isolation. It works very well. I cant seem to attach anything to show you what I am talking about. Maybe Mike will come along and help with that.

• Like 1

• Owner

Yeap the guys are right... :smart:Vulcan Performance sells the Push Loc Tees that have a 1/8" NPT hole or you can get the JIC fitting with a tapped 1/8 NPT port. You cohice.But you want you gauge away from the water hammer source (VP44) and protected with a needle valve (suggested) or snubber.

Hey, thanks guys. I checked out Vulcan, I thank I'm gonna go with the push lock t. Now my problem is I work out of this truck M-F and got to work tomarrow (hauling lumber,metal,etc.). I got the Fass installed yesterday and the truck is running, but I have no idea what fuel pressure I got. I'm gonna order the t online today, but will prossibly take 2-3 days to get. Will I be alright?

You need toget it on as soon as you can. Unless the pump came set from the factory at some cray high or low pressure you should be ok for a few days. If any damge has been done the old pump has already done that and the fass want reverse this. The only other suggestion is to put a test gauge on it and see what you have. You have to have a port some where to attach a test gauge. I am not sure what you have after a fass install to do that though.

You need toget it on as soon as you can. Unless the pump came set from the factory at some cray high or low pressure you should be ok for a few days. If any damge has been done the old pump has already done that and the fass want reverse this. The only other suggestion is to put a test gauge on it and see what you have. You have to have a port some where to attach a test gauge. I am not sure what you have after a fass install to do that though.

The IP was put on new about 6 months ago. I was running a Fass DDRP, is was still working but I was seeing alot of pressure difference between idle and wot (18-9psi). Call me scared, but I thought I'd better do something different. This truck is my moneymaker, and need it to hold up and last:pray:. I don't have another gauge. The Fass has 1 line return, 1 line to tank (suction), and a supply line straight out of pump to the inlet on the IP.

The IP was put on new about 6 months ago. I was running a Fass DDRP, is was still working but I was seeing alot of pressure difference between idle and wot (18-9psi). Call me scared, but I thought I'd better do something different. This truck is my moneymaker, and need it to hold up and last:pray:. I don't have another gauge. The Fass has 1 line return, 1 line to tank (suction), and a supply line straight out of pump to the inlet on the IP.

The DDRP was probably using the stock fuel lines and causing the large pressure drop. The lines are too restrictive. There is possibly a port on top of the the fuel canister you could hook a test gauge to. My 02 does not but the earlier years do I think someone else would have to verify that. Come to think of it that want work since you have by passed the canister. The AD's seem to come set from the factory at 15 to 20 psi. I would get it on as soon as you can for the piece of mind. I drove mine for a couple months before i put mine on. I did put a test gauge on it after install.

I think I'll get the tee on order today, and maybe see what overnight shipping would cost. I hope and pray the pumps got and will hold good pressure. I can't afford another IP, and I can't afford to wait on getting the gauge on, and not being able to work. :broke: