• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

02 Buick

Dear Daughter got her elderly (& somewhat eccentric) Aunt's 02 Buick Century last night. The car is not at hand. The car has been losing coolant for a year or so. The coolant loss must be external as no sign of oil contamination. Aunt mumbled something about a "head gasket" but has also said "manifold". Aunt really doesn't remember well & wouldn't recognize anything under the hood anyway. (Hope I'm doing this well at 87!) Daughter noted the heater barely put out anything on low & moved cold air on high. Temp guage showed mid-range when wife drove the car. I know the first thing is to find & fix the coolant leak. I Googled it & found a TSB for failed intake manifold gaskets. Apparently the new antifreeze was not compatible with the original gasket material. Re-engineered gaskets are availible. The TSB also indicates new bolts with thread locker (Loc Tite) to avoid bolts backing out.I wonder if the original bolts could be reused with added LocTite or if these are stretch bolts? What about the heat?

• 3 months later...
Guest Johnson

I need to replace the FSU on my 02 Century, but I'm not sure where it is. I've heard that they are under the rear seat or under the floor of the trunk. Anyone know where it is in the Century?

Fowlers Finance Reviews