• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yea if it were me id wait for some aluminums to come your way, the chrome is just too much for me. Out of curiosity what all do you have to change to upgrade to the 3rd gen brakes?? i got 60k miles out of my old brake pads and they always stopped fine so i doubt ill look into it any further.

-Jordan-

Basically you can run the larger 3rd Gen rotors and brake pads. more stopping power.

Needs 17" rims and 3rd gen caliper brackets.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/my-3rd-gen-brake-swap-pics-56k-t245515.html?highlight=big+brake+upgrade

--- Update to the previous post...

Those are the same wheels I had on my 03 and ran them a while on my 98, they dont look bad just not as good as these. I looked on ebay earlier and there are several sets like mine and the newer design for not much more than that guy wants.

Thanks white

Decided to pass on the whole deal and just go aftermarket.

http://www.divtrk.com/images/100_7636.jpg

Wont look as good on my truck - but will still work.

Now gotta decide which tires

Nitto Dura Grappler

Firestone Transforce HT (**think IM doing these - boring but good ratings).

Any others highly recommended ?

Michelin LTX AS 265/70/17 on the 3rd gen wheels. I get over 100k miles out of each set and they get the best mileage.

They are by far the best I have ever run. 265 75r 16's. 65k is the best i ever got from them though. I dont run near as many highway miles as you. They have gotten quite expensive. $250 apiece last time I checked, $1100 out the door. I bought Perrelli scorpians for $800 but looks like 45k to 50k is the max I'll see. Probably save up for some more Michelin's.