• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what do you folks think???

Considering the VP-44 is not a rugged Mechanical pump like the P7100's ide avoid anythign that could cause issues, considering the Vp-44 runs at the highest operating pressures of all the mechanical pumps.If your willing to risk 2,000 dollars to see how it works then its fine, but when your injectors and Vp-44 are burn out after 50,000 miles then it was a lesson learned.IMO regardless of the true 5w nature of this transformer oil, its still oil, The Vp-44 is cooled, and lubricated by combining the sulfur and nickle in the diesel t make a high pressure lubricant, and now that has been supplemented by the addition of 2 stroke oil.IMO ide stick with tried and proven, 2 stroke FTW.

I heard about this from the guy that owns the shop i take my truck to when its somethings i cant or dont have the stuff to do. He was talking about using transformer oil and seeing as how I work for an electric company I believe Im gonna see if i can get my hands on some. Im like the rest of you I dont know about running it in my cummins but i have an old 92 F-350 with an old idi motor in it i believe ill try some in.-Jordan-

My :2cents: is that I would need to know more about the lubricity and what it does to the moving parts before I dump something into a $5000 engine.

yes sir...i like diesel and 2 cycle oil..had this truck since 12-17-09..no hiccups since i have had it running with what was just stated.

I would burn it in a waste oil burner. I'd not run this through my Cummins. Back during the oil embargo, I had some 55 gallon drums of stale (leaded) gas (removed from abandoned boats to be destroyed). I ran the salvaged gas though by carbureted Datzun pickup. I ran it though a paint strainer, then a marine canister filter/separator, then put it in my truck. It ran, got slightly poor mpgs, I had a 2.5" glass bowl filter on the truck. If I included the cost of filters, the free gas was not much of a bargain. I wrote off the cost of filters as an expense to dispose of the hazardous waste.

• Owner

Thing is if he's trying to use it as a fuel its going to fail. But if he's using is as a fuel lubricant it going to do fine... The problem is no matter how much you want to cheat the fuel bill when you start mixing oil in the fuel you retard the ignition point (lower cetane). Not to mention when you increase above 5% the cSt of the fuel becomes too thick for the injectors to spray properly so a loss in MPGs is noted too. Remember diesel fuel is 1-5 cSt and 2 cycle oil can vary from 80-120 cSt... Then if the oil has too much ash in it then the great white deposits start to grow and foul the injectors and the piston. Thien if the fuel temp gets to low you take the risk of injection pump damage from trying to pump fuel that is too thick. Like I said if used for a fuel lubricant is fine but cheating the system and using for a fuel you'll take on damage.