• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

STILL battling fuel gremlins

will simple green or some kind of cleaner work to wipe the inside of the tank down with?? And what exactly can i do with the diesel once its out. thinking that its contaminated the only thing i can think to do is dispose of it and start fresh. would it be possibly to mix it with fresh fuel later or should i just follow my gut and get rid of it?? Also what kind of solvent should i use to flush my lines?? and heres the plan I've devised for this weekend- 1) re install my lift pump and clean pre filter assembly. 2) pull the module and pump the fuel out into a 5 gallon container. 3) use whatever the recommended cleaner is and wipe down the inside of the tank. 4) dump 5 or 10 gallons of fuel back in the tank and whatever additive i end up with and re install the module 5) hook the lines back up and fire it

After you get the fuel pumped out and wipe all the residue and scum out I would just wipe it down with hot water with bleach to kill any other critters in the tank and then put clean fuel in with anti microbal of your finding. I would just blow the fuel lines out with air if you have some if not that isn't enough to cause much more than one more filter change after running a full tank of anti algae solution through it and you should be fine. The old fuel could just be taken to any used oil drop off do not remix it as you will just reintroduce the critters back into the system again. Or you could use it to start your bon fire. I would start checking the last few places you filled fuel and tell them about your problem and that one of them most likely is causing a lot of other people the same issue as you are having. They all have the means to pull fuel samples and have it tested for microbes.