• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally got TV in the Jayco

• Owner

Since my RV has a TV stand build in and I just happen to have a older 13" TV I could toss in the RV. Why not I picked up a little RCA Analog to Digital Converter for the TV on my last trip and figure I'd give it a shot. Camped out in Emmett, ID I cranked up the antenna and flipped on the booster (Winegard). Hooked up the RCA D to A converter and fired up the TV. Wow! Works awesome. :woot:I found that if you flip over to menu and show the signal strength you can tune your antenna for greatest signal strength. Then go back through your channel search again and pickup any missing channels. Not bad for $50 bucks at WalMart and being in Emmett, ID and getting 8 channels... :smart:I'm going to work on getting the entertainment area and tweaked in for where ever we go... So if there is TV signal so we can watch it... If not then have the DVD player rigged up so we can enjoy either way... It's alway nice to come back home and relax...

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I found a VIZIO brand HD TV at Costco that was a 12v model. 23inch HD flat screen that can be used as a PC monitor also.It comes with a fat snake cord (conversion transformer in the cord) that plugs into a 120v outlet.I just bought a 12v car adapter and installed the correct size female connector onto the cord end of the adapter and I can now run this TV in my camper (off 12v) or anywhere else when 120v is available.I also plug my laptop into it and play DVDs.It is a nice combination that has worked very well for me and the whole setup cost me a shade over $200.

• Staff

Our last TT didn't have a TV, but we did take the DVD player on occasoin in the event of bad weather. Our new trailer came with a 26" LCD, DVD player, power sub, etc... It's pretty silly to be honest, it has the best picture of any TV we own. We don't normally watch TV when camping, but if the weather sucks then at least we have something to watch. The TV will run off of our little 125w inverter, and the 12V power is right next to the TV's 120V plug, so it's pretty easy.