• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cool Down Article... Need help...

• Owner

Hey gang... Could someone help out a moment I would like to start converting over some of the article threads into article on the database. Like one I'm really wanting to do is the Cooldown temp thread. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4962-Turbo-cool-down-period There is lots of good information here and I want to get it posted but I'm hung up on how to author it up being that Katoom and ISX were beating the horse to death on all kind of information so I'm at a loss... :ahhh: Help... Someone want to do the favor and be the author on this. PLEASE :pray:

All the information is right here in this thread... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4962-Turbo-cool-down-period

...it was the first time I read that article. I needed to read it to see if I could compose it with enough information. IMO, I do not feel this thread provides enough info to prove the cool-down period requirements. To me, I think there needs to a little more deliberation on the subject. I'm sure that is opposite to what everyone else may think, but that is just me.

:smart:

I hope that was to be complimenting me. :lol:IMO, I think the EGT's, oil and housing temps all need to be below the baseline that causes premature turbo failure. To me, the thread does not pinpoint the cause to premature failure. It only discusses how to prevent it based on theory. I myself should do some more research on the exact cause. Also, I think someone needs to step in on the subject that has an infrared thermometer. Comparing temps and the heatsoak effect. Monitoring the oil and egt's at the same time.

• Owner

Also, I think someone needs to step in on the subject that has an infrared thermometer. Comparing temps and the heatsoak effect. Monitoring the oil and egt's at the same time.

ISX has laser heat gun... Talk to him... :whistle:

I myself should do some more research on the exact cause.

More information is welcomed. You might want to PM me some information so I can build your articles account for the other side of the site...

I hope that was to be complimenting me. :lol:

Yes I was... :duh: I'm glad to see people stepping forward to help out on the site. Once again thank you! :thumbup2:

ISX has laser heat gun... Talk to him... :whistle: More information is welcomed. You might want to PM me some information so I can build your articles account for the other side of the site... Yes I was... :duh: I'm glad to see people stepping forward to help out on the site. Once again thank you! :thumbup2:

...standby! Let me get some other stuff taken care of first. May or may not be able to do this for you, lol... Sounds like I'm going to be getting very busy soon.