• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Noise from front end.

The stock lift pump is most likely the culprit. If you plan on installing another one try reading this http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/32-stock-lift-pumps

i have determined that stock pump was not the culprit. New pump same result, same loud noise. Well at least i know that pump that i removed is okay for future use. fuel pressure is still fluctuating throughout the day. i narrowed down the noise to where the AC compressor location is. anybody ever have a noise issue within that area?

i have determined that stock pump was not the culprit. New pump same result, same loud noise. Well at least i know that pump that i removed is okay for future use. fuel pressure is still fluctuating throughout the day. i narrowed down the noise to where the AC compressor location is. anybody ever have a noise issue within that area?

Well, it took the boots that come from the tubo off to inspect for cracks or pinholes. No dice. I noticed oil within the boots. Is this normal? I reassembled and cranked it up. Noise was gone.:shrug:. I will check back in tomorrow.

Well, it took the boots that come from the tubo off to inspect for cracks or pinholes. No dice. I noticed oil within the boots. Is this normal? I reassembled and cranked it up. Noise was gone.:shrug:. I will check back in tomorrow.

You need to check the turbo compressor and the outlet going to the intercooler for oil

I found oil on the blades of the compressor side of my turbo (on my 2nd gen) and thought there must be a seal going out.So I removed the turbo and installed a new one and no more oil leaks. I thought about just rebuilding the old one but I wanted to put in a different turbo so I just took that opportunity to do it.You might have the turbo checked because you are likely getting oil from the shaft seal/bearing area on the compressor side. You don't want oil in the intercooler because that will coat the cooling tubes and mess up the heat exchanger capability of the intercooler.And of course with an oil leak you are probably going to begin to compromise the turbo shaft and bearing, potentially mess up the balance of the blades because of the coating of oil and there maybe a host of other potential issues lurking in the bushes.