• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar Points / Mopar Market

• Owner

I'm considering on uninstalling these functions off the site since the only thing I'm really using is the point system for a promotional trigger for the premium membership. Which in turn I will have to come up with a new way to promote for premium members. But it seems that so little of these 2 addons are really use and not sure what to do to make them user friendly. You'll notice the tabs are gone but the software is still present. If there is no reponse to this thread I'll proceed to uninstalling those addons.

• Owner

What the design was to allow people to earn points towards upgrading there accounts on the site so instead of donating money you could donate your effort towards the site and earn your upgrade account. But alias no one ever used it. Unless I miss something some where? Why I've not pulled the software yet and pondering how to make one last stab to make it work. :rolleyes:Like I was considering moving the download files over to the point market and allow anyone to download the files with X amount points. This would reduce the leaching of files and also get people to contribute to the site more. Then I had another thought. I know some of us can't build the truck we really desire but what if you could build like a virtual truck using virtual parts. In other words put virtual part in the market that you could buy for your virtual truck and bulid your dream truck using points. Which in turn gets people posting and helping on the site.There is a awards system that gives out awards when you posted X amount of posts, or tagged X amount of posts, etc... Maybe I just need help from you guys on getting thing into working order to make it more usable.

• Owner

Ok... I decided to rework it one more time and give it a go again. The whole system is based on points. Every action you do has points that you can earn. Here is the points you can earn. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/xperience.php?go=earn So now there is awards for special members on the site now... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/xperience.php?go=awards Then achievements for each person based different actions... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/xperience.php?go=achievements Or go to "My Profile" up top to see your own stuff... Look under the Mopar Points tab. I'm working at keeping the extra stuff off the post box and keeping it all in your "My Profile" so you be more apted to click on someone name and look at there profile. Maybe even send them a message on there profile (visitor message). I'm trying to reduce the redundant text on the screen like post, forum, etc. (Different story). Now the Point Market was a idea to buy virtual gift like coffe or a beer and share it with other users but never took off. So this time I'll try the virtual truck idea. I still toss the old virtual gifts in again but I'm going to aim for the virtual truck and parts. Keep the post coming lets hear more idea, question or comments. Also take notice all staff members are excluded from the Awards... Then members can only have 1 award at a time. This spreads the wealth around to a wider group.

• Owner

Ok... I'm still working hard at this... So far I managed to make it possible for member to purchase theire membership upgrade with points now. Currently no one has access to it.

I'll give you this much as a sneak peek.

[*]Silver Membership 1,000 points (1 year)

[*]Gold Membership 2,500 Poiints (1 year)

[*]Platinum Membership 5,000 Points (1 Year)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been paying attention to the experience part of the site and think it's a nice feature. Is it part of what VB4 offers, some kind of add on software, something you created?Any chance you have participation stats, how has the membership (family) responded?Your virtual truck idea is exceptional and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

• Owner

I've been paying attention to the experience part of the site and think it's a nice feature. Is it part of what VB4 offers, some kind of add on software, something you created? Any chance you have participation stats, how has the membership (family) responded? Your virtual truck idea is exceptional and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Thank you for taking notice you giving me a kick in the butt to keep moving forward. As for the vBExperience and Point Market... As for the family then you would want to look at... (If I understand you right?) http://forum.mopar1973man.com/xperience.php?go=ranking As for the virtual truck idea... I need help from the family to make it happen. I'm going to need prices for different parts as well good clean pics of said parts. Even trucks pics too. (clean, ok, beat the hell up). Then what I would do is add the items to the store with virtual prices to fit the points and then you can buy your virtual truck. With spring coming on and chasing water, irriagation water, mud slides, and other odd jobs it been tough for me... So help is welcomed to make the project happen. :thumb1:

I'm willing to help with whatever is needed. I'm busy as well but will do what I can. I read the link to the VB4 addon and it appears that the points system wouldn't be adaptable to another forum format. Wouldn't work with "yourmembership" that I am involved with else where. "YM" is willig to make changes if enough customers could benefit from it. I looked at the ranking page but couldn't tell if the family members were paying attention to the points system or just going about their business as usual. Member participation is high up on my list over at IGCEMA and I think you have hit on a great idea with the virtual thing. Is it acceptable to discuss, if you're willing, some marketing and/or sponsorship topics that have worked for us in the past in a public forum? Got another virtual idea that served us well and could be adapted to possibly do a lot of good here.

• Owner

I'm willing to help with whatever is needed. I'm busy as well but will do what I can. I read the link to the VB4 addon and it appears that the points system wouldn't be adaptable to another forum format. Wouldn't work with "yourmembership" that I am involved with else where. "YM" is willig to make changes if enough customers could benefit from it. I looked at the ranking page but couldn't tell if the family members were paying attention to the points system or just going about their business as usual. Member participation is high up on my list over at IGCEMA and I think you have hit on a great idea with the virtual thing. Is it acceptable to discuss, if you're willing, some marketing and/or sponsorship topics that have worked for us in the past in a public forum? Got another virtual idea that served us well and could be adapted to possibly do a lot of good here.

I'm all ears... Lets here your idea...

• Owner

Hmmm... Ok let me throw some information out there then... Part of the package when you donate to the site is allowance of advertising your perosnal business or business your employed with. Now what I wanted to do is instead of like all other forums having all the vendors on the main page I wanted to allow them to have a Group Area here... Then the vendor/business would have there own like store front they can create. But I know there is a issue with the "What's New" tab because it only shows new posts in the main forum not the other areas. But there is a link for checking the groups for new post though...