• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P1652 Code

Got this code this afternoon. Had the dash out last week to replace the AC evaporator. Been fine till this afternoon. Any ideas on where to look. I have checked as many connections possible but I might be missing one. Batteries are clean. Check the battery grounds, look fine. Tore the dash apart to see if something was loose couldn't find anything. Any other ideas?

• Owner

It basically states that the J1850 bus is shorted to ground. To check all the wiring for damage... From what I can see about the wiring its not like the 2nd Gens with twisted pairs but the 3rd Gens are all single wire networks. They don't have a set color for either the best I can give is all modules have a VIOlet / (some color). It could be violet/yellow (instrument cluster), Violet/Blue (Transfer Case), Violet/Black (Anti-lock brakes), Violet/White (secuirty System), Violet/Brown (Powertrain Control Module), Violet/Light Green (Heater controls) ... All these wire join together and go to the OBDII port under the dash as a light blue/violet and go to pin #2 in the port.

• Owner

What do I open this with? Never seen a .rar file before.

Right on the bottom of the page...

File Password: mopar1973man.com

File was compressed and encrypted with WinRAR. <- Click

Or from the download area again...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=224 <- 32 Bit version Win RAR

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=225 <- 64 Bit Version WinRAR

• Like 1

• Owner

RAR file is a compressed file like ZIP but with better protection than ZIP. Hence why you need to download the WinRAR program to unpack said file. When the WinRAR is running and it ask ot access the RAR file it will ask for a password. www.mopar1973man.com Then the PDF document will appear and be readable. A while back I was just zipping the files and storing on the site for people to download. Then the file would get damaged or altered in a short period of time... So got tried of checking, downloading, uploading a new copy, etc... So now with the RAR files with password locked and non-standard compression I've not had a issue since! So sorry for the inconvenance... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

RAR file is a compressed file like ZIP but with better protection than ZIP. Hence why you need to download the WinRAR program to unpack said file. When the WinRAR is running and it ask ot access the RAR file it will ask for a password. www.mopar1973man.com Then the PDF document will appear and be readable. A while back I was just zipping the files and storing on the site for people to download. Then the file would get damaged or altered in a short period of time... So got tried of checking, downloading, uploading a new copy, etc... So now with the RAR files with password locked and non-standard compression I've not had a issue since! So sorry for the inconvenance... :rolleyes:

The password is "www.mopar1973man.com"? No inconvienence I just didn't understand the compressed information. Thanks Dwight

• Owner

Opps... My bad... :banghead:

mopar1973man.com

I'm going to double check now too... :doh:

EDIT/UPDATE:

I'm so sorry about the password screw up. Geez... It was posted on the download screen and the download note box has it too... Make matters worse I guessed when I should of just looked...

But the above bold password should work... Tested for you!

Looks like it is fixed. I disconnected the dash and bulkhead to look at the pins and all seemed fine. Traced wired and no pinched or crimped ones. Connected it all back up, cleared the code and all is good. Is this a sign of things to come with the cluster probably going bad? --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fz5g4h 2003 Ram with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk