• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Head studs and twins build !!!!!

That looks great! I am not sure if I missed it, but did you mention what turbos you went with? Did you have to notch the new valve cover too, because of the head studs?

he351cw over s472 quick spooling towing setup :) Support up to 600HP as a guess but it will be hot. 450-550 ideal from what I was told - but will need to do some real world tests Currently cant drive it as missing a clamp - probably WED. Yes had to notch the front of the valve cover for the headstuds :thumbup2:

hahahaha :thumb1:yeah cant wait to drive it some ......... I was stupid not to check all the clamps and just assumed they were there. Should be over-nighted today and get here tomorrow ? :think: Then drive it WED. Cross fingers.will update with real world findings once Ive got it all in place. Rogan haven't lost track of our private PM convo - just been away since truck is down - and want to see what it does as its built now - will pm you again soon - thanks man.

So. Results so far.1) Daily driving hardly any change - 55mph and 1-3psi and 550*.2) When the big primary lights - it seriously sounds like a supercharger/small jet - awesome :hyper:3) Full throttle hit 1007 but generally max is around 950. Previously probably 1200 but hard to be exact.4) Might have picked up a little extra "pull" in the band with higher boost ...... hard to be exact - feels goodDid I mention it sounds like a jet ?? :tongue:Anyway need to drag it up a big hill to get a better feel for EGT .........main reason for doing this as well as supporting future injectors. Will keep you posted over next 1-2 weeks. Right now I love having it - as expensive as it was ..........

So. Results so far. 1) Daily driving hardly any change - 55mph and 1-3psi and 550*. 2) When the big primary lights - it seriously sounds like a supercharger/small jet - awesome :hyper: 3) Full throttle hit 1007 but generally max is around 950. Previously probably 1200 but hard to be exact. 4) Might have picked up a little extra "pull" in the band with higher boost ...... hard to be exact - feels good Did I mention it sounds like a jet ?? :tongue: Anyway need to drag it up a big hill to get a better feel for EGT .........main reason for doing this as well as supporting future injectors. Will keep you posted over next 1-2 weeks. Right now I love having it - as expensive as it was ..........

whats the max psi you are hitting?

Dont have my mechanical boost gauges in yet - so can onlyread off map.42psi with my +75 injectors. Looking to maybe do 150's .......... but will tow with it first and see.Yeah I need to get my guages to check my boosts and balance between turbos as well as drive pressure ....

Is that 42 psig or psia? ~42-44 psig is the max for the 3rd gen MAP sensor, and I don't see the 2nd gen reading higher, so I bet your boost is higher.

psig Yeah I know the MAP maxes out pretty close to that hence need 2x mechanical gauges .......... I dont "think" I am much over that as I have only pegged it a couple times ....... and felt like I was pretty close to topping out with fuel ...... Will get the gauges in the next couple weeks ......... want to tow with it on and see where my EGT are at ....... and make some decisions from there. Id like to do 7x.010 (~150) and a friend is getting rid of his soon ........ but dont have a billet input ..........(neither does he !! hahah) hmmmm