• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS light and parking brake light staying on

Boy, the last few days I ain't had much luck. AC goes out and now the ABS and parking brake lights are staying on. I checked for codes and got nothing and checked the fuses everything looks good there. The truck brakes just as it always has since I got the truck. The speedo and everything in the gauge cluster are working properly just the two lights are on. I know it could be several things but just wondering what order I needed to go in to fix this problem. From my searches on here I think it may be the two speed sensor up front. Would you replace them first and then if that didn't work replace the sensor in the back? If not that check the ABS motor/computer? Either route Im going to check the wiring and button up any problem areas I might have. Thanks in advance

When mine came on the front wheel bearing was going bad causing a bad reading for the sensor. Jack the front of the truck up, grab the front tire and see if there is any movement from top to bottom. Movement would indicate a bad bearing and that can cause the sensor get a bad reading and set the lights. If they are tight it could be just the sensor bad. I am not sure how to check the sensor for failure, but I am sure someone else does.

I do believe I have found my problem. Checked the tires and the bearings are fine but when I checked the front passenger side I found a wire that I am assuming runs to the sensor rubbing on my tire. The ties holding it on must have broke. I'm going to fix that wire and maybe that will fix my problem if not I will get back.

I actually put electrical tape around the problem spot and went down the road and the lights went off. One question, if I can't splice the wire back together that means I have to buy a new sensor and the wire but do I have to buy a hub if the sensor is in the hub or do I take the hub off?

I actually put electrical tape around the problem spot and went down the road and the lights went off. One question, if I can't splice the wire back together that means I have to buy a new sensor and the wire but do I have to buy a hub if the sensor is in the hub or do I take the hub off?

You should be able to splice it If it is working just pull the sensor out of the hub bearing and slip a bit of heat shrink on it and seal it up, the sensor is just held on with a single allen head bolt.