• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hmm Starter??

Well, truck in sig. has an occational won't start moment. i.e. when I turn key to start it clicks once and quits. I repeat key turn a coulpe of times and it starts. I put 2 new 1000 cold cranking amp batteries in 2months ago with clean cable clamps. Volt meter reads 12.58 engine off and 13.67 to .75 at idle. on both batteries. I believe the starter is stock. Truck has 165k. Do I take the starter off to test OR new starter, starter cylinoid? Other options? Thanks Dave.

• Owner

I assume you're talking about rebuilding the starter. Now I like to DIY but you can't beat a brand new starter from O'Reilly"s with a life-time warrantee for under $200.

Hmmm... Won't work for me... Closest OReilly's is 180 miles away... So figuring in fuel cost to go get it it would be more like $300 figuring against $4.609 a gallon... :broke: When a LarryB contact rebuild is cheap and comes in the mail... :wink:

Hmmm... Won't work for me... Closest OReilly's is 180 miles away... So figuring in fuel cost to go get it it would be more like $300 figuring against $4.609 a gallon... :broke: When a LarryB contact rebuild is cheap and comes in the mail... :wink:

Napa has a lifetime warranty on their starters as well...