• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bad vp44? no codes, no smoke, no power? HELP PLEASE

Just installed dragon flow 275hp injectors and custom built turbo. Truck runs the same! I tried to run a quad adr last summer did the same thing! no more power no smoke nothing. No codes either. A smarty will make some more power and little smoke before it builds boost. Anyone have any idea what my issue is?! I have owned this truck for 2 years and put 15k miles on it its got 136 now. It runs drives and never skips a beat BUT will not make any more power is this thing cursed or something?

We need a little more info before we can start diagnosing your problem. What year is your rig? How did you check for codes? What is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT?

Sorry about that..... its an 02 with the ho. I do see it has a reman fuel pump and the numbers match it to a ho. I used my smarty to check for codes. Im running a air dog 150 and have been since the first week i got the truck i put that on. fp used to be around 15 but i think my guage is getting bad it (glow shift junk) now it flutters around 20-23 and wot 18ish. The injectors are 275 over stock. Back when i tried the quad adr last summer it did throw some codes but cant remember them now. but i cleared them and they stayed away after i sent the adr back thinking i had a bad one. edit: found what codes they where with the quad adr p0251 p0252 and p1693

Do you mean injection pump? Where is your fuel pump located? In the tank or by the fuel filter? When was the fuel filter last changed?

Since the numbers match an HO I would think injection pump. Plus he has an AD 150. Hey NYcumminsfarmer if you go to the usercp and click on edit signature you can enter all the info aobut your truck and it will show up on every post you make and eliminate any confusion. Look at the bottom of gassernomore and mine.

It has a reman HO injector pump. Scan tool says normal voltage for MAP except under WOT max voltage is 2.7 volts low key off is 1.0 climbes normal with the smarty. Sets over boost code without smarty. With smarty sets p0602 but says normal with aftermarket software. MAP READS 14 PSI WITH ENGINE OFF KEY ON scanned another truck reads 0 is this normal?

fp used to be around 15 but i think my guage is getting bad it (glow shift junk) now it flutters around 20-23 and wot 18ish.

It sounds like your fp gauge could be giving you a false reading. I would try to verify your fp with another gauge and I would still check the fuel filter.

--- Update to the previous post...

Since the numbers match an HO I would think injection pump. Plus he has an AD 150.

I caught that too. Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page!

It has a reman HO injector pump. Scan tool says normal voltage for MAP except under WOT max voltage is 2.7 volts low key off is 1.0 climbes normal with the smarty. Sets over boost code without smarty. With smarty sets p0602 but says normal with aftermarket software. MAP READS 14 PSI WITH ENGINE OFF KEY ON scanned another truck reads 0 is this normal?

check this out concerning the 14psihttp://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5678-Edge-Comp-and-Scangauge?p=52221#post52221 Just saw this from Mike concerning scan gauge and 14 psi http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5678-Edge-Comp-and-Scangauge
  • Like 1

you really think he will stick me with it? he told me on the phone if that wasnt my problem he would take it back

Not trying to say that at all. I have had many conversations with Chip myself before I bought one of his pumps. He also tried to help me when the ecm went out before I got to install said pump. He spent alot of time on the phone with me trying to help find the problem before I knew the ecm was fried. He seemed very genuine with me and did not have to help at all, but took alot of time to try and help me with my problem and get me back n the road. I am just curious how it turns out. From my experience with him he should take it back no problem. Only time will tell.

You had me worried for a while there haha. A friend of mine will be comming over with his 02 that runs fine and were going to do some swapping of parts and hopefully figure this out, plan on swapping ecm's maps and if that dont work, stick my injectors and turbo on his truck and see what happens.