• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo question

My tubo sounds differant than it did before, and I was wondering how to check it. I did visual checks and pulled the intake tube off. There is a small amount of play in the shaft but I don't know what the specs are. I still have good power and boost but EGT's may be up a little (200 more maybe).

My tubo sounds differant than it did before, and I was wondering how to check it. I did visual checks and pulled the intake tube off. There is a small amount of play in the shaft but I don't know what the specs are. I still have good power and boost but EGT's may be up a little (200 more maybe).

Cant remember the exact reason - something to do with the type of bearing (thrust ?). Basically ...

In and out play on shaft is no good - rebuild

Side play is ok - but if it touches the compressor housing - rebuild

Oil leak either side of the central cartridge (intake or exhaust) - rebuild

Only other thing to do is check for boost leaks

http://www.dieselsite.com/ProductImages/bldet2.png

Posted Image

• Like 1