• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Up close and personal with a 94...

• Owner

Wll I got to work on a 1994 Dodge Cummins... Need a valve lash job. Well I finally got a really good look at the P7100 Bosch Injection pump. That thing is a freaking monster. Total in the road for anything on the driver side of the engine. I was trying to even reach down to push the primer button on the lift pump and I just can't reach that thing.@ISX how in the hell do you make these things look so easy? :shrug:Like I found a oil leak from the injection pum its missing a nut on the block side and I'm not sure how in the hell to even get it back in there. Also what size of nut is it?

:lmao: Take the fan off, batteries out, shroud off, radiator reservoir out, windshield fluid reservoir out, put all the wires inside the body and the fuse box pcm and relays on the bottom of the hood, and then you have something easy to work with :lmao2: Latest thing I did was moved the fuel filter to right above the cruise control module where the drivers side battery used to be. That is actually very easy (2 bolts) and that might be what you have to do to get at whatever bolt there is that is leaking oil. The filter mount goes over the intake manifold and those 2 bolts actually double as part of the intake plenum cover thinger. You take the 2 banjo bolts out so nothing is connected to the filter housing and then unplug the WIF sensor then I think you can wiggle it out from under the fuel lines. You might have to take the one going to the P7100 off to be able to slide it out that way. I have never done it with all the lines hooked up. If you can get a pic of the nut or something I can get you sizes. Or tell me which one. That pump I cut in half is always on my desk lol.

It's the nut that mount the pump to the gear case... (Block side)

15mm socket, M10 x 1.5. That one IS a PITA. There are only a few bolts that I know of that are a pain, that is one of them, lift pump bolt is another. Everything about piston #6 sucks as well lol. Anyway I use a couple extensions and a ujoint socket thinger until its past the back of the pump to get that one.

The way to reach any primer button on a 12 valve is to cut yourself a stick (like a broomstick) about 2 1/2 feet long. That way you won't need to reach way in there!

I bet they took that pump off and couldn't get that nut either so just said screw it. It just takes a little finesse. You gotta think of it the same way I do, nothing is ever harder, things just take more time. It's not even that hard, you must have big hands :moon: You can take the injection lines off and that might make it easier, if you haven't already. Just loosen all the nuts and take the 2 10mm mounting bracket bolts out and they are off. Guess I don't know which one you are having issues with. There is one that you can get from the bottom and one you can get from the top, both suck. The one farther in there really sucks and yeah try it from the bottom of the pump reaching around. Do I gotta make a video showing how its done lol.