• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A/C pressures

Im glad I saw this thread. My problem is that the system will run cool then stop. Mostly in stop and go it will go hot. So Im guessing its from high pressure. A orifice tube and drier could be my problem? I mean when the fan blower works (got a new one on order) It will get cold but only for a bit then will run hot cold hot cold.

--- Update to the previous post...

Also to replace both these parts I will have to discharge my AC system. Ive seen flush kits that use shop air and flush it out. Is that a good idea or should I get a shop to take out the freon and put it back in.

• Owner

Hmmm... As stated over on Wikipedia...

Other uses include plastic foam blowing, as a cleaning solvent, a propellant for the delivery of pharmaceuticals (e.g. bronchodilators), wine cork removers, gas dusters, and in air driers for removing the moisture from compressed air. 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane has also been used to cool computers in some overclocking attempts. It is also commonly used as a propellant for airsoft airguns.

If its used for inhalers and air soft guns I doubt there is any issues with discharging freon in the atomphere.

Wikipedia strikes again...:duh:

From EPA website concerning the auto/appliance refrigerant Freon (R134a aka HFC-134a)

Can I vent HFC-134a refrigerant?

It is illegal under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act to knowingly vent substitute refrigerants during any service, maintenance, repair or disposal of an appliance.

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/608/faq.html#q2

enforcing the law is another discussion

I am having this exact same issue with my 06. Did you get the issue resolved if so what did you do???

Just replaced my a/c compressor and the mechanic notes that the pressures were getting high and the fan wasn't engaging. Took awhile for the fan to kick on. So at what pressure is it supposed to get for the fan clutch to kick in? --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fvx4cf 2003 Ram with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk