• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Uhhh. . . What ya doin' with the old tow mirrors? :whistle:

If you want them they are yours for whatever it cost to send them to you. Just bear in mind the passenger side looks just like the picture I posted earlier in the thread. The drivers side has one verical crack in it from the corner of the wide angle to the bottom of the mirror. If you dont already have them intalled on your truck you will need the brackets on the inside of the door. http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/1ABMK00038/508547/2001 You might be able to find them cheaper some where, I dont know. I would not think it would cost more than $20 or 25 bucks to send them. Just let me know if you want them.
  • Like 1

I dont know. You would have to call Geno's and find out. I would shop around some, I am sure I have seen them cheaper somewhere for the right year model. Can't seem to figue out where. Here is a brand new pair with brackets http://www.am-autoparts.com/2001/Dodge/Ram-2500-Truck/Mirrors/AM-17587788/501775.html You might even find a set in a salvage yard for a better deal. Either way, shop a little and see what you can find. My old ones are not going any where for the next couple months and they have your name on them unless you change your mind. The way I am figuring; $25 for shipping, $30 for the brackets, and $40 for a new mirror glass, you are already at $95 and still have one cracked mirror. Add that $40 and your are at $135. the new set is only 163.65. $30 more and you got a new set. I'm thinking that is alot of money at 15 and it is, shoot thats alot of money to me these days. Take some time and see whats best to do for you. The mirrors i have are yours anytime.

• Like 1

I rolled into a toll booth, had the horse trailer on, had to pay cash. With my weak left hand, I got as close as I could to reach... The post before the toll takers window, folded my mirror in against the window. Dang! Good thing I was going dead slow! Nothing broke, just a few light scratches. (Scratches are least glaring when you wash the paint out of them.) Love my EZ Pass.

I know I am late to this one, but check out the mirrors here: http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1607+10105+4294962955&Nr=AND(part:Mirror,brand:Kool Vue)&Ns=price3|0 Scroll down and you will see the towing mirrors. The price seems reasonable.

AM had free shipping which made them a little cheaper. same warranty i believe. Lets hope I dont have to test it.
  • Like 1

Seems I remeber seeing them somewhere, but since I was looking to upgrade I didnt pay any attention as to where. Maybe Texas CTD will stumble across some. Ill do some more back tracking.

I'll keep an eye out. . . :thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

I've been doing some research, and from what I've seen, the best deal people are getting for replacement glass is at a local store that deals with dodge parts. It's probably not that way with every local store, but it seems to be a lot cheaper, IF you can just find that "right place."

I was hauling hay today and realized how much I would love to have tow mirrors. We'll see. After I get this FP gauge on I might be saving up for an FRRP instead of mirrors. :lmao:

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Tom. I had been looking for a set of power heated tow mirrors for the 05 but gave up the look a while back as 300-400 was out of my price range but since the 05 isn't new anymore your link has Kool Vue power heated tow mirrors for 210 shipped for the pair. Got a set on order.Funny how the price is set up for the newer 4th gen rigs, they are almost double the price as was the case a few years ago for the 3rd gens versus 2nd gens.:ahhh:Does anyone know if the 3rd gens need the reinforcement brace inside the door for the tow mirrors like the 2nd gens do?

I remeber when I broke the passanger side many years ago, the manual replacements were $275 each. Kinda choked on that and fiixed it the best I could.I went back and looked at the 3rd gen mirrors and dont see any referance to the brakets. All the 2nd gen ads do. Seems maybe you dont need them?:shrug:

I saw the pair there as you stated, but they wanted $15 shipping and there is no mention of the brackets being included. Still agood deal though. I paid $198 to the door with a 2 yr waranty. Hope i never have to test it.44

• Like 1

You are welcome, Bill. Glad to be of some assistance. For anyone interested, Auto Zone and Auto Value have pieces of polished stainless steel that glue onto the mirror to fix cracked glass.

Got the new mirrors installed and the fit and finish are great just like OEM. Install took about a half an hour. The only thing I see that could be better is there is a bit of play in the breakaway detent of the mirrors. They have about an 1/8 inch of forward and back play in the detent socket which may cause some vibration issues but I will drive it to work today and see how they actually are on my 20 mile washboarded gravel road to work.If Anyone needs/wants a set of OEM sport power heated mirrors from my 05 shoot me a pm.Bill