• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lookin good, bill~ Mirrors are the cleanest thing on the truck ;) and DAMN YOU with your own lift and stuff :banghead: (j/k)

Yeah I don't live in town and it shows. I drive 30 miles of gravel roads a day to and from work which doesn't help. The lift was about the best 1900 bucks I have ever spent. Its a real back saver for me as I have back issues and working off a creeper kills my low back within minutes.

I did get mine and installed them. They are from AM-autoparts.com and are not sold as Kool view. they seemd to be unbranded, but fit nicely and look good. No problem with the breakaway, but there is just the slightest vibration from wind. These were less than $200 also.post-10340-138698187345_thumb.jpg

post-10340-138698187321_thumb.jpg

post-10340-138698187331_thumb.jpg

post-10340-138698187338_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

lol.............I just realized this is in the 2nd gen forum.:doh: sorry for the hijack.:tongue:

Ha! no worries..

I did get mine and installed them. They are from AM-autoparts.com and are not sold as Kool view. they seemd to be unbranded, but fit nicely and look good. No problem with the breakaway, but there is just the slightest vibration from wind. These were less than $200 also.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3992[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3995[/ATTACH]

looks good! same ones I got.
  • Like 1

lol.............I just realized this is in the 2nd gen forum.:doh: sorry for the hijack.:tongue:

Tow mirrors could have been in the genearl section as well as any other. the seem to come on most all of them. Yours and mine appear identical except for the trim at the door. I quess we can see whos last the longest.

Awesome thread. I was just about to post this exact question, but now I don't need to. I've got some KoolVue mirrors power/heated ready to go in on a manual mirror truck. Did anyone happen to have a problem with their passenger mirror studs being too short to install on the truck? I tried to put these exact same tow mirrors on my 2000 V10, the drivers side worked great, but the passenger side studs were not long enough to thread the nuts on the bracket. I told KoolVue of my problem, they sent me a new mirror, same issue again... I may have to get some sort of threaded rod and bigger nuts to bolt down the passenger mirror if I have the same issue on this truck. And I did try routing the wires in several different locations to make sure they weren't being pinched and stopping the mirror from sitting flush.

• Like 1

The studs on my kool vues from AM had plenty long studs, there was about 1/2" of stud past the nuts after installed.

Mine were plenty long also. I bought them from AM also but did not see Kool View on them. I have new 03 from Kool View at home and but for the box it came in you would not know what brand they are. It makes me wonder who the heck is actually making them.
  • Like 1

I also did not use the foam, but they were still too short. I even had my brother come and push on it from one side while I tried to tighten the nuts. It was basically just long enough to angle the mirror one way, tighten one nut, then the other two studs were short, vice-versa. I'm probably just going to look into some kind of threaded rod to extend the studs if I have the problem on this truck as well.

Are these upgrades for your truck? If so is it possible that they sent you to driverside brackets instead of a left and right? When I look at your avatar, I dont see any mirrors on the truck. But the picture is very small for these old eyes.

--- Update to the previous post...

I went back and looked again and I can see them. I gotta get some new glasses.

• Like 1

Are these upgrades for your truck? If so is it possible that they sent you to driverside brackets instead of a left and right? When I look at your avatar, I dont see any mirrors on the truck. But the picture is very small for these old eyes.

--- Update to the previous post...

I went back and looked again and I can see them. I gotta get some new glasses.

My current truck has manual tow mirrors on it. I had bought a set of power/heated tow mirrors for my old 2000 V10 truck, and it didn't fit on that truck. I haven't tried installing them on my current truck yet. I need to get a joystick control knob first, then I will try them on this truck.
  • Like 1

I found the control knob on ebay. They had them for $15 to $50 all used. I got the $15 one. Not sure it came out of a Ram. The back of it hits one of the bolts for the mirror, but it still fit. Might have come out of a Dakota, Durango or some thing. It sitll works fine. Good luck on the passanger side.

• Like 1

I did the same thing right after I posted that last post. Now I'm just going to get some decent door speakers and take care of those while the door panels are off. My drivers side is dead so I'm just going to get it over with after my next paycheck. I'm a fan of doing everything possible while something is already going to be taken apart, so it doesn't need to be ripped into again for a while.

• Like 1

I know I am late to this one, but check out the mirrors here: http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1607+10105+4294962955&Nr=AND(part:Mirror,brand:Kool Vue)&Ns=price3|0 Scroll down and you will see the towing mirrors. The price seems reasonable.

I have a set of those tow mirrors on my truck since February and I would NOT recommend buying a set the glass wiggles around even at idle from the engine. The glass also pops in and out of where it is supposed to be mounted. I won't be buying a Kool-vue product again.
  • Like 1