• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thinking out loud

Any problems with my thought process ? Slowly build up the truck over next 5+ years. Might have 300000 on it. If it requires rebuild have it done say $6k for slightly over stock. Drive for another couple years and then get new paint body work say $6k. Then also do interior work say $3k. So in 7-10 years I would have a rebuilt engine.with say 100k on it - a brand new custom paint job and new interior. Basically a MINT looking 2001 in the year 2022 - still running almost new and just normal maintenance and upkeep for about $15k - and 10 years of use .... Rather than going out and buying a newer model truck. I'll be upgrading the front end here shortly anyways , as well as 3rd gen brakes and twins and know it won't be as fancy as the trucks of 2022 but it would be kinda semi classic :) Shrug

Your thought process is working well.......I've done much the same thing with my '91.5 W250 ...... it still looks good, has decent up-grades, and after all these years - is a 'hoot' to drive. I get asked if it is for sale very often .......

yeah got to keep an eye on my frame and any rust.Have a few very small parts on bed I need to sand back and just spray with a primer and rust treatment - just from road chips etc. But other than that shes in reasonable condition :)