• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Homemade Intake Horn

I am in the process of making my own intake horn. I'm too cheap to buy one, and I have the materials, the time, and the equipment to do it. I will also temporarily eliminate the grid heater until September or October. The intake tube will be 3" OD, made from driveshaft tubing from a 1985 Dodge 3/4 ton truck. The first pic is the flange that bolts directly to the intake manifold. The center hole in the flange is to make it easier for me to torch out the 3" circle......it gives me an easy starting point.post-11025-13869818647_thumb.jpg

I like this. Always better if you can form fit it yourself. Not sure of the year truck you have, but I've read on mine I can max the ID up to 3.5". Not for yours ? Are you going to get this powered coated ?

I'm not gonna powder coat it, but I'll shoot some flat black paint on it :)