• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, 3 fill-ups in, with my SG2, I'm around +43% fuel adjustment.. Average about 11.9 - 12.3mpg via SG2..Mike - what's this X-gauge setting stuff you keep talking about? What are YOU using it for? My gauge display (right now) is Instant MPG, AVG MPG, MPH, TCF.

Rogan, is your scangauge accurate on fuel consuption? Mine never is. When idling it will show very low gph. Seems to only be sort of accurate under load so no good when driving empty. I mainly use mine to watch IAT and ECT.

• Owner

So, 3 fill-ups in, with my SG2, I'm around +43% fuel adjustment.. Average about 11.9 - 12.3mpg via SG2.. Mike - what's this X-gauge setting stuff you keep talking about? What are YOU using it for? My gauge display (right now) is Instant MPG, AVG MPG, MPH, TCF.

All right here... http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/

• Owner

Basically I've got Cmg (Current MPG for the day), Tmg (Total MPG's for the tank), Gfr (Gallons of Fuel Remaining), O2 (Oxygen sensor)I've got a few others but don't use them much or they never worked for my applications...So typically I leave these up on the display...MPH = SpeedCmg = Current MPG for the DayTmg = Total MPG for the TankMPG = Instant MPGSo what I do is keep my MPG above the goal MPG I want to to reach as much as possible. I use the knowledge of the terrain to aid me in reaching my goals. So like If I drive to McCall, ID I know that by the I reach there and climbing a 7% grade I'll have roughly 16-17 MPG. Then while in town I baby the throttle and keep my number as high as possible. I might gain another 1 MPG driving in town. Then on my way home I try to drive in a fashion to allow the truck to coast as much as possible gaining the whole way home. Hence my ability of reaching 23-24 MPG locally in the mountains. If you have to apply brake to make a corner and accelerate again your driving way too fast. Like travelling up and down Goose Creek grade I know the speed limit is 45 MPH. But the corners are 25 MPH (tight). So if I cruise at 35 MPH up the grade I'm not slowing and trying to build speed again (at least not as much).Like another stretch of road I travel from New Meadows, ID to Council, ID where it winds there the mountain I know its posted for 55 MPH but I typically drive it at 45-50 MPH because I can just about leave the cruise set and get around all the corners and never slow down.Anytime you use your brakes or exhaust brake you converting work energy into heat. So if you can drive in such a manner that you use just enough fuel to travel through a area without hitting the brakes you gain even more.In the state of Idaho there is no minimum speed limit. So you can drive slow as you wish but if you holding up more that 3 vehicles you must yield to traffic. (Pull over and let them pass). Since the economy is so poor up here there is so little traffic I can drive 35-70 miles and never have anyone pass me...

do you manually reset your Cmg and Tmg on a daily basis? As mine is currently, it resets MPG and Avg MPG every time the ignition is cycled.I'd like the Tmg and Cmg x-codes.. ;)I also try to feather the throttle as best I can, and as often as I can. I do not speed around, and I don't stab the throttle. I rarely go above 23-2400rpm now, during shifts, and I'll try to maintain 2200rpm while climbing any grades..Well, you see the results in the pic a few posts back.. :spend:

• Owner

do you manually reset your Cmg and Tmg on a daily basis? As mine is currently, it resets MPG and Avg MPG every time the ignition is cycled. I'd like the Tmg and Cmg x-codes.. ;) I also try to feather the throttle as best I can, and as often as I can. I do not speed around, and I don't stab the throttle. I rarely go above 23-2400rpm now, during shifts, and I'll try to maintain 2200rpm while climbing any grades.. Well, you see the results in the pic a few posts back.. :spend:

I'll have to get my manual out and get the XGauge codes for you...

I rarely go above 23-2400rpm now,

How about it's rare for me to get above 2K on the tach... Unless I'm hot dogging. :burnout2:

I'll try to maintain 2200rpm while climbing any grades..

I do most grades at about 1,500 to 1,600 RPM's But if I'm towing I hold my RPM's at 2K...

It sure sounds like Rogain has "Frankenstein" shoes on when he drives!!!!:lmao::lmao2::2cents:http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/6086-3-In-a-Row I don't give a rats dupa how many folks pass me going down the road. Just as long as they don't endanger me by tail gaiting or passing me and then cutting in front of me to soon!!:smart: My last tank of fuel that got me 20+mpg, the Lie-O-Meter read 26mpg average for that tank. The tank I'm on now (no towing at all so far) is reading 28.8mpg average with 305+ miles on the tank and the fuel gauge is pegged right at 3/8th's tank of fuel used or IOW 5/8th's tank left!!!:thumbup2: All of those tanks got me 600+ miles on them also!!! And yes, my stock sized tires are calibrated correctly via my Smarty. Rogan, I think the raw egg under the accelerator pedal may be in order for you!!:smart:

I only rev to mid 2s when towing and rowing through the gears. I don't speed and my truck feels a little luggish if I stay below 2000 when shifting, especially when towing. The scan gauge said 14mpg today when cruising in 5th at 40.. no towing and flat ground. From the Galaxy S3