• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Value Rotors

JOHNFAK

I'm doing the 3rd Gen upgrade. Was looking at Duralast rotors and pads as I am ordering other stuff from AZ but not sure if they are going to cut it ??

Best bank for the buck here ??

--- Update to the previous post...

I'm doing the 3rd Gen upgrade. Was looking at Duralast rotors and pads as I am ordering other stuff from AZ but not sure if they are going to cut it ??

Best bank for the buck here ??

Looking at these

http://stores.ebay.com/brakelabs/_i.html?_nkw=2004+Dodge+Ram%202500+ST&submit=Search&_sid=77318915

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/Premium-Dimpled-and-Slotted-Brake-Rotors.php

IMHO, I would not go with the AZ rotors or pads. I have tried them before and the rotors were to thin right out of the box, took those back got another set and those were warped. Brother in law has them on his truck and i am not impressed with those either, brakes fade fast on a hard stop. just my :2cents: worth.

• Like 1

I really like the ones that are sold at Oreillys auto parts. The rotors seem to be quality steel and true right out of box, brake pads seem to be well made. I believe the brand is Wagner???? Hope to get drilled and slotted rotors next go around to help with keeping brakes cool, lots of hills in these parts!!

• Like 1

Who makes the Mopar products? I bought a tstat awhile back from either AA or AZ in ther box and it turned out to be a cummins. Had the cummins part # stamped on the tstat. It cost about 15 to 17 bucks there, had I bought from cumminsit would have 60 to 80 bucks.

• Like 1

Why go cheap on safety equipment? I would spend the extra for Mopar products.

expensive or mopar doesn't mean it works any better - sometimes worse. Thats my experience.

I dont care if there $50 or $400 in the end as they are my brakes - but what Im trying to avoid is

Upgrade to 3rd Gen braking and cheap brakes and finding its a slush stop

or

Upgrade to 3rd Gen braking and expensive brakes and find out its slush stop and its cost me 2x the money

So whatever works from real world experience.

Just changed my original pads last week. 122000 miles. Rotors didn't even require to be turned, just took off a little and used new Mopar rotors. I guess I am a believer in that the mfg wouldn't skimp out on safety related equipment. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lz5tym 2003 Ram with gauges and a Smarty! Not much more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk