• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How Many Are Running The Fluid Damper?

All our engines are internally balanced right?

Yes internally balanced which is why our engines use a vibration Dampner to smooth out the engine along with what is hanging off of it be it a flywheel with a dual disc clutch or a triple disc converter among other things like the basc harmonics of the engine itself just to keep things quiet and vibration free. Don't confuse it with harmonic balancers like a lot of engines that are not internally balanced use.

• Staff

What is "gear rollover"??? That's a term I've not heard before. 183,000+ on Mighty Whitey now.

It's the sound you hear from the trans when your stopped and in N, clutch pedal out. Since you have an OFE I know you get it, it's normal on all trucks with HD clutches.

Some guys get it worse than others, and some get it on the stock clutch.

At the recommendation of one of the well known NV-5600 shops I add 2 more qts to my trans last summer, and it made the rollover noise worse, I think I am going to drain 1 of them back out.

Here is the official Chrysler release on it.

http://www.southbendclutch.com/images/chrysler%20notice.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes internally balanced which is why our engines use a vibration Dampner to smooth out the engine along with what is hanging off of it be it a flywheel with a dual disc clutch or a triple disc converter among other things like the basc harmonics of the engine itself just to keep things quiet and vibration free.

Don't confuse it with harmonic balancers like a lot of engines that are not internally balanced use.

And don't forget it also absorbs the torsional spike from combustion, without one the crank would snap.

the ccb catch bottle on the second gen 24v will ruin a stock damper. bottle fills up and covers the front of the engine in oil. rubber does not like oil.

Edited by JAG1

What is "gear rollover"??? That's a term I've not heard before. 183,000+ on Mighty Whitey now.

Gear Roll over is the noise common to the G56 when one changes the stock flywheel for the solid flywheel. It can be greatly overcome by changing out the ATF for Delvac50 and adding 2 extra quarts. Mercedes used DELVAC50 in all their g56 application while Chrysler opted for ATF We are a Master Distributor for FLUIDAMPR. Is there interest in a group buy?

I will be needing a dampener in the near future, I would like to upgrade to a fluid damper but I dont know if I could justify the cost? Its more of a question than a statement because Ive never been in a truck with one on it. What I do know is that my oem dampener has lasted 13 years and still looks to be in fair condition, so Im not against buying another. I would definitely be interested in a price quote though!

Those with manual trannies and bigger clutches will notice it a lot more than auto tranny guys will. reason it made such a big difference on my 02 auto was due to having 155 hp injectors stacked with a Hot unlocked comp and an HRVP44 which gave me a lope at an idle when I stacked the smarty on top of all that it sounded like an alchohal injected monster truck sitting at stop lights thats how bad the lope was at idle, off idle smooth as silk, took smarty away and added the Fluid dampner and it was not quite smooth as silk at idle but probably 90% reduction in lope.