• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Some of My thoughts about doubters of Amsoil

What I find funny those who have doubt about a Co. that has been in business for almost 4 decades. Racers and just users that tout the benefits of Amsoil for others to hopefully enjoy the advantages of using an superior oil. IMO those whom doubt the use of Amsoil are the losers as while I am reaping the benefits. I recently did a show in Springfield MO the guys that shared their use of Amsoil was worth the show in itself. Yet they will allow paid advertisements full of bogus facts to sway their opinion. For more info on Amsoil go to www.FreeOilHelp.com or www.BillsOilHelp.com I know I am venting but some times that what it takes to get attention. Bill

Preaching to the choir my friend. I've bet my job on Amsoil for 20 + years now. :thumbup2: Not a single oil related failure to date. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3964[/ATTACH]

The funny thing for every beliver out there. There is 2 unbelivers if not more at least the choir understands. Bill

I have nothing against the oil itself; as I use it in my diffs, tranny and transfer case. Good product. So so are the other oils and lubes out there...........dino and synthetic.What gripes me about it is the way it's marketed and sold.............and to a lesser extent the price.Fuller Brush and Amway come to mind.Do y'all believe in it so much because you sell it; or do you sell it because you believe in it????:whistle: Big difference.

You need to understand when Amsoil started big oil totally tried to suppress our 25k oil change. That is why Al went to MLM but really it is no different than a big Co. they have a pecking order and it can get very cut throat. There are many differences we have over other MLM I can set up retail & commercial accounts. The ones you mentioned do not and we don't front load the sales. Besides it give me a job I can work out of my home.

Bill

I would never sell something I did not use!!!!!!

I have nothing against the oil itself; as I use it in my diffs, tranny and transfer case. Good product. So so are the other oils and lubes out there...........dino and synthetic. What gripes me about it is the way it's marketed and sold.............and to a lesser extent the price. Fuller Brush and Amway come to mind. Do y'all believe in it so much because you sell it; or do you sell it because you believe in it????:whistle: Big difference.

I don't sell Amsoil. Sometime around 1990 a salesman stopped into my shop and offered free sampling for a year if I bought a drum of oil. I needed oil and had the money in my budget so I bought a drum and started sampling everything in my fleet. I tripled the drain interval and after most of the sample reports came back, I was able to just change the filters and top off the oil. Sure, the oil costs more upfront but I save in the end because many times the oil can be used beyond it's payback point. I also save money in labor because I spend less time changing oil. There is also an environmental benefit as well. Producing less waste oil is a good thing.
  • Like 1

I used amsoil for a while and the only benefit I see is anytime it is cold out. It gets oil pressure just as fast as in the summer. However, I don't see any benefit in the summer. It does save you money though, sometimes. If your truck is pristine then it's probably a no brainer, but mine leaks oil a little and every seal leaks a tiny bit so I can't fix one and call it good. This means I would have to order amsoil to replace what I lost. The only problem with that is that amsoil has their preferred customer thing so if I only needed a gallon and my year was up, the gallon would cost $20 plus the oil cost. I only needed oil once a year so every year I had to pay that $20 thing. If you don't pay $20, the cost of just the oil at market price costs more than preferred customer price with the $20. So I think their pricing is a little out of whack. The 25,000 mile interval makes up all the costs but still, it's the thought of constantly having to pay that $20. It's also just a pain if I need oil NOW. I screwed up and started my truck with the turbo oil return not in the rubber hose of the oil pan (different turbo, research and development lol) and lost a gallon there. I had to wait a week to get the replacement. I now use valvoline premium blue. I have nothing against amsoils products that I can statistically prove did anything bad to anything. I run it in my dirt bike. But I want more availability for my truck.

• Like 2

I first learned about Amsoil... I had a bunch of 2 cycle yard equipment. all with different fuel mix requirements. I ran one container at 100/1 & ran everything fine... Years later, the tools were handed down when I was no longer able to hold the tools.

• Like 1

I use the Saber Pro 2 cycle oil here and we rarely have a fouled plug. Now if we could just get rid of the ethanol in the gas we would be in good shape. We have to close all the plug gaps slightly for a hotter burn to keep those deposits from building up.

I use nothing but WallyWorld 2 stroke oil in my truck, chainsaw, weedwacker, and outboard.In a "PROPERLY TUNED" 2 stroke, you should never have issues with deposits. Problem is that most folks believe that if a little oil is good, a little more oil is better. Not in 2 strokes. In all actuality, you're probably better off running your 2 stroke equipment a bit lean with the 2 stroke oils we have now..........both dino and synthetic!!!!!! JMNTBHO of course!!!!:thumbup2::cool:

• Like 1

I'm using the Walmart oil in the truck as well. Amsoil at work. We are an Audubon Certified Signature Sanctuary and the Saber Pro burns cleaner than most other oils and the Audubon people are very happy about that. What does JMNTBHO mean?:shrug: That's a new one to me.

• Like 1

I'm using the Walmart oil in the truck as well. Amsoil at work. We are an Audubon Certified Signature Sanctuary and the Saber Pro burns cleaner than most other oils and the Audubon people are very happy about that. What does JMNTBHO mean?:shrug: That's a new one to me.

Your Employer should be looking into more than the 2 stroke oils all of our oils qualify to some degree as green. We even have organic fertilizer but you probably make your own beings your Audubon Certified, our oil has been tested at 300:1 FYI. I am surprised you don't try it in your truck what can it hurt but save your engine. Bill

The cost of the Amsoil 2 cycle is the only thing stopping me from using it in the truck. The cheap TC-W3 seems to do the trick.The Amsoil products I have in my oil rooms are:15w-40 diesel and marinesaber pro75w-140 severe gearatf5w-30 hydrowater resistant greasepropylene glycol antifreezeAudubon is very happy about our use of synthetics as well as the many other over the top things we have done to exceed the guidelines.

• Like 1

The cost of the Amsoil 2 cycle is the only thing stopping me from using it in the truck. The cheap TC-W3 seems to do the trick. The Amsoil products I have in my oil rooms are: 15w-40 diesel and marine saber pro 75w-140 severe gear atf 5w-30 hydro water resistant grease propylene glycol antifreeze Audubon is very happy about our use of synthetics as well as the many other over the top things we have done to exceed the guidelines.

With all the oil you have you are ready to go. Check this out 2003 Dodge 40k a oil change that got to be cheaper than what your using. [ATTACH]3969[/ATTACH]

Dodge Dually Surpasses 633,000 miles with sticky.pdf

• Like 1

I

What does JMNTBHO mean?:shrug: That's a new one to me.

JMNTBHO=Just My Never To Be Humble Opinion!!!:thumbup2::thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

Your Employer should be looking into more than the 2 stroke oils all of our oils qualify to some degree as green. We even have organic fertilizer but you probably make your own beings your Audubon Certified, our oil has been tested at 300:1 FYI.

I am surprised you don't try it in your truck what can it hurt but save your engine.

Bill

I use organic fertilizer............when I pee off my deck to water my flower gardens!!!! Plus my male Lab squirting on everything also.:lmao::lmao2::tongue:

• Like 1

Well take an old coot like myself, and I have selected brands I use constantly. They have proven themselves over the decades I have driven.Nothing against this product, but I have worked in a facility with over 1,400 company employees and over 2,000 contractors and never heard or seen anyone using it. I read countless articles about it, and it has always been highly recommended, but it was a dealer or seller of the product or someone who has been using it for only 30k or 40k and loves it. Now it's hard to find this oil in the sticks (I moved here when I retired) where I live unless you order and wait for it at a very higher cost. And with the oils that have proven themselves to me in the 50+ years of driving and maintaining my vehicles, it's can be hard to change.Maybe if it was easier to get at a more cost effective price I might change. No matter what the manufacture says, I have a set and proven change schedule that has worked, including cost effective for me, But so far I have yet to have engine issues due to the oils I have used.

• Like 1

If you want to watch videos below this is a link to Amsoils videos. Look for this link HOW THE ONE ARM BANDIT IS MISUSED EVEN SHAMOPOO PASSES!!! This is the link to U tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5WXbj5jbN8&feature=player_embedded You decide if you want to believe the one arm test. The real test is oil samples the others is just gimmicks. Bill

That was a good video. Next time I wash my hair, I'll look at it in a different way. Wonder why they didn't think of using plain cooking oil ?

But the one statement was on the $: 'The real test is oil samples'

• Like 1

Use Amsoil, it cures fits, farts, warts, freckles, coughs, colds, and runny noses. Makes conception a wonder and child birth a pleasure. It works pretty well in our Cummins engines too. If it'd grow hair, I'd use it as a hair tonic on my bald spot!!! All that said, I use WallyWorld SuperTech dino in my Cummins!!!!!I "cut and pasted" that paragraph from a thread I posted in on "the other site" way back in December, 2007. Only difference now is I'm using Valvoline Premium Blue!!Hey Michael, what's Chuck doing these days???? He and I used to go "round and round" on the oil stuff!!!:thumbup2::smart:

• Like 1