• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cool pix and video 98... I don't have the guts to pull with my truck, though it might be fun. I need to take the Mrs. to a tractor/truck pull this year.

• Like 1

You need to get some blocks under the rear end, Some pulling rules say they can't be blocked solid but if you have solid blocks with about an inch if gap that works.:smart:Your front tires look like they are almost ready to come off the ground, not good at all when pulling. Just by putting blocks in place of your rear bump stops would have got you another 50 feet probably.The crowd looks to be a bit thin there.

Ive seen some guys pin their rear axle to prevent it from hopping, is that not legal in the stock classes?

I think by pinning you are referring to the blocks between the frame and axle where the bump stops are, most will allow blocks in the stock class as long as there is an inch of travel before they contact. Dodge rigs don't have a problem with suspension hop like some do but where hop originates is through tire wrap from under inflated tires, need to keep the rears aired up to about max pressure to keep from getting tire induced hop started, also ladder or traction bars help keep spring wrap under control that causes wheel hop if you have enogh power and torque to get it started as well.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...