• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV refridgeration issues

We ran the refridge on propane the whole 9 days of our trip off the grid. i unplugged the fridge from AC power so it would stay on propane. With the new sparker, it ran perfect. If that's all it takes... wonderful!! A fridge failure the year before gave us fits. I bought a spare sparker from the RV places for $27. Cheap insurance if it fails on a vacation. I have enough tools on board to change it out.

• Owner

i unplugged the fridge from AC power so it would stay on propane.

Yours is a Norcold isn't it? There should be a mode setting for LP to force it on propane. I typically leave in on LP unless I'm hooked up to AC then I use Auto so when the power drops away fridge flips to LP modes on its own.

Yes, there is a setting on the Norcoold to keep it on LP... but previously I had to shut it on/off repeatedly so just simpler (KISS!) while I was outside with the cover off to leave the AC cord unpluged. My 1000 Honda would barely run the fridge or charge the batteries (RV + scooter) but not enough power to do both so I was taking no chances. I suppose I could print out the manual.