• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Draining the injectors

• 2 weeks later...

depending on the amount of Horse power you have going through your engine.However, i do think that the smarty would allow you to compensate for larger injectors, or so i would think if you were lengthen the duration.

I have tried that & also the timing for aftermarket injectors, the Cummins does not like that at all.I'm begining to think I have a fuel problem in tank, not being able to supply the needs.I have a liberty module on the way, this way I will know for sure whats going on in the there.I will update after the install, should be about 2 weeks.Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Well long storey short, my liberty module got lost, but now it's found & installed.I ran 1/2" all jic8 fittings from module to first fuel pump & kept the rest jic6 to VP44.MSy old module was plugged with all kind of wierd stuff.When first primed it, you could tell the fuel pump was getting full fuel now.The letting off the fuel problem is not near as bad & my pressure is more stable,So it help some, satisfied with that.:hyper:

mine had been sounding like it was missing...and i lifted the bed up and inspected the fuel tank parts on top..well the large tring was not even tight..put i put a new airtex unit in.the factory one was yucky.it had fine grit dirt...and the black float was coming apart..so the screens were plugged up.since that has a built in pump and i am running a fss h.p.f.p. 95..is this a big no no?has far as draining the injectors i thought maybe that was my problem cause fuel psi would bounce everywhere.

I myself wouldn't run an intank pump in combo with an aftermarket in front of it, something does not seem right in that situation to me.I got a Liberty module with the 1/2" v straw & then 1/2 line to my first fuel pump, Like said, my fuel pressure is more constant, but get off the throttle to fast & it drains the fuel.Even at the end of the 1/4 mile I still have to feather the fast pedal to get it to run on all 6 cylinders or power brake ,but thats no fun when the end of the track is to close!