• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gauge Cluster "no-bus"

First time it read no bus I pulled out the cluster to make sure it was getting power like it was supposed to according to all data. Voltage was good so I put it back in and it worked fine for two weeks now its is doing it again so I pulled the self diagnostic cluster codes and got all of them that all data list for the cluster. 900,920,921,940,950,999. I'm thinking this means I need a cluster which is very unfortunate I just put a new tranny in 1500 miles ago. Anybody's knowledge is greatly appreciated.

• Owner

900 The CCD data bus is not operational. 920 The cluster is not receiving a vehicle speed message from the PCM. 921 The cluster is not receiving a distance pulse message from the PCM. 940 The cluster is not receiving an airbag lamp-on message from the ACM. 950 The cluster is not receiving an ABS lamp-on message from the CAB. 999 An error has been discovered. Sounds like you got a NO BUS message and lost CCD Network communication with the console. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/34-engine-system/81-ccd-data-bus

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

it finally quit working for good and I checked all of the wiring this past weekend and they checked out alright so i dropped it off at the dealership to have them diagnois it. :banghead: They told me it lost the PCM and told me it would be 1000 bucks to have it fixed. Luckily I found an awesome website that sells them programmed for cheap. The website is autocomputerexchange.net. I had great service and I am waiting for my pcm to show up in the mail.

it finally quit working for good and I checked all of the wiring this past weekend and they checked out alright so i dropped it off at the dealership to have them diagnois it. :banghead: They told me it lost the PCM and told me it would be 1000 bucks to have it fixed. Luckily I found an awesome website that sells them programmed for cheap. The website is autocomputerexchange.net. I had great service and I am waiting for my pcm to show up in the mail.

Im assuming you will still have to have the ecm flashed? I was looking under the '98s and i noticed theres 2 different ecms listed and one is double the price of the other. I wonder what the difference is?

Nope all you have to do is disconnect the battery cables and unplug the old pcm and plug in the new one hook that cables back up and your good to go. That is of course if its diagnosed right, I paid the local dealer 210 dollars for a diagnosis and they didn't get it right. I put my new pcm in and there wasn't any change at all. I took it back to them and told them that nothing has changed. Now they have had my truck for what will be a week tomorrow afternoon. They are trying to tell me that my transmission was replaced with an older one and there is no connector on the side of the transmission like there is supposed to be. However I have had it out and rebuilt the tranny so I know that everything from front to back of the tranny is a 47re which is what is supposed to be in the truck, so im going down there tomorrow after work to point out to him that he is wrong and tell him to try again.