• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Backup Camera

ADawg

Morgan, I've got that same camera. Its so-so.. when in use, it'll flicker as the brake lights are activated and such. Also takes about 5-8 secs to fully focus. View angle is really good, but the night vision portion is so-so, as well. For the overall review, its a decent camera for the price. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

would you recomend it for daytime use (mostly to alighn trailer to hitch)?

Sure. At night it works okay, too. Daytime troubles, every once in awhile, is sun glare on the lens. You'll be fine, though. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have the camera installed now but it is not completely wired up yet.Very stout frame and has LED lights that are intended to light things up when it is dark.Once I get it completley wired and comissioned then I will post a picture and an evaluation.post-11041-13869818828_thumb.jpg

I have the camera installed now but it is not completely wired up yet. Very stout frame and has LED lights that are intended to light things up when it is dark. Once I get it completley wired and comissioned then I will post a picture and an evaluation. [ATTACH=CONFIG]4109[/ATTACH]

Did you get it wired up yet?

• 1 month later...

I got mine at W-M put it behind the cab so I could see my fifth wheel to hook up. My 100gal fuel tank is blocking me from see it. It is real nice when backing out of a parking spot also you can see people walking behind me. It is getting it power from my out side cab light all I need to do is turn it on when I back out.---GOOD LUCK

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get it wired up yet?

Well life has gotten in the way so it has been a long time since I have worked on my camera setup. But I have finally finished wiring up my camera and have been using it for a few days now. Must say it is very interesting to have the camera capability. post-11041-138698191676_thumb.jpg The camera is mounted in the license plate frame and has a series of IR LEDS for night vision. The camera is adjustable up and down to enable calibration of a distance grid that is displayed on the camera display inside the cab. post-11041-138698191649_thumb.jpg You start by placing a measuring device so you can see it in the camera and then you adjust the swivel feature of the camera lens until it lines up with the embedded grid of the camera. Once this is done then the display in the cab shows the view as seen by the camera with the distance grid showing you the relative position of the rear of the truck to other objects seen by the camera. post-11041-138698191669_thumb.jpg This picture shows the display of what the camera sees in the rear of the truck and you can see the yardstick I have laid behind the truck. The first grid line shows the distance at .5M behind the truck with each additional grid line showing the distance of the next .5M out. The grid lines go out a total of 3M. I can turn this thing on any time and it show unbelievable detail. I can read license plate numbers, I can see all kinds of activity going on behind me and the color is pretty sharp. This display is showing on my Edge Insight. This is a picture of the actual display in bright sunlight overhead. I took this picture with a hand held camera pointing at the display with no shading or blocking of the sun. I haven't used it at night yet so I don't have any input on the quality of the picture but once I get that done I'll try to post an update. I think I am really going to like this setup. Well I got to use the camera last night when it was dark. The first picture is with only the IR LEDs for light and no tail lights or backup lights are on. It's pitch black out. You can see the area iluminated by the infra red LEDs pretty good. There is not a lot of depth of field but I can certainly see if there was anything near my truck if I was needing to back up. Of course there is no visible light coming from these LEDs so when you go outside to look at the camera everything is pitch black behind the truck. post-11041-138698191811_thumb.jpg This next picture is the view when the backup lights are on. You can see that now I have much greater depth of field behind the truck. It shows the row of bushes behind the truck at about 12 feet away and shows more light out the sides. Of course the backup lights are lighting up a much broader area than the LEDs on the license plate frame do. post-11041-138698191828_thumb.jpg The pictures at night kind of feel similar to the view you would get looking through a night vision scope.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have one that came from Wal-mart. I have it mounted close to the cab lite for the bed. My 100gal fuel tank is about 4in tall so I can not see my fifth wheel hitch. So with it mounted that high I can see to hook up even in the dark. All so I can see both side of my truck from the finders back and see people on both side and see cars so I do not back in to them for they do not show up in my rear views. MONEY well spent.

• 2 months later...

OK guys so I have my stuff for my backup system Camera 60.00 bucks post-11448-138698195779_thumb.jpg http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_31111_Crimestopper-SV-5200.IR-Chrome.html and one of these 23.00 bucks post-11448-138698195783_thumb.jpg http://www.ebay.com/itm/181033977280?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Now my question is I think I want to run this off a switch rather the reverse lights so I want to know should I run a fuse off the battery to a switch or wire a relay in then to a switch? Any thoughts on how to wire it up? Thanks in advance for the help :thumbup2:

• Like 1