• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electrical Problem

Anyone know a good electrical person in North Georgia or the Chattanooga area? While running starter ( 20sec on, 2 min off) to bleed fuel lines, I ended up with electrical odor and light smoke in cab! I would imagine that dealership is going to be super expensive on this one. Thanks,Eric

Eric,You should not have to turn the starter over. Your truck, like mine, has an electric lift pump (fuel pump) run by the ECM. When you click to RUN (before START) the lift pump should run for a few seconds & then shut off. This is what the VP44 injection pump calls for. Cranking will NOT run the lift pump more until it starts OR you cycle the key again. Too late now. I have no idea what you toasted. Possibly the starter? Wish I had better ideas,Russ

The proper way to bleed the pump is to bump the starter. That will make the lift pump run about 25 seconds at a time. Far as the smoke inside, I don't have any idea as to what got hot. Look under the dash and see what you can see.......:cool: