• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vp whipping a dead horse.

The blower motor is accessible in the passengers foot well. Follow the wire, you'll find the resistor block which sticks up into the duct work. Unplug the wires, unscrew the unit & replace. If you get mice into the duct work, the mouse litter blocks the airflow & makes them run hot & shortens life.

So of of course the parts that I ordered and paid almost four hundred extra dollars for overnight shipping didn't show up today. The vendor said I gave them the wrong address. Ya right anyway I have the vp out and all the stock fuel pump and filter out and am ready to stab it!! I ordered a fuel pressure gauge, a new vp 44 , and a cases one fifty lift pump that I intend to install about where mike put his in the pictures above. My only regret is that I didn't order a draw straw set up, but I think I can invent my own. And also the fass only has 3/8 inch pplumbing, so I hope that's cool.also you were right about the heater part, all three speeds of the fan work now. There was. No mice damage. My last dodge truck was a v10 2500 4x4, and during the crash of 911 gas wAs to expensive to drive it so I parked it on my property three hundred miles north and let it sit for two years. When I decided to drive it again the mice ate ALL THE WIRES UNDER THE HOOD AND IN THE DASH!!!! The truck was totaled. I could have got another one for less than it cost to fix it. So now I have three male cats on the seen and not one mouse.anyway, putting truck together tomorrow I'll let you guys know how it went, and thanks for the help. I think I found the right crowd, you guys are aawesome !!!!!

The cowel drains are behind the hood hinges on the Dodge trucks. I used SS pot scrubber (SS steel wool) to jam behind the hinge. Water still drains but no mice can get into the cab. I screen all my air cleaners. I can't keep critters out from under the hoods. Cats don't last here... the coy-dogs think they are a delicasy. Mice haven't bothered my wires yet... ate the windshield washer hose in my Cirus. I removed a lot of underhood insulation to get rid of mouse habitat & it was pretty well trashed already.

Might look a little funny hanging under the hood but mice hate these. http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Products-Non-Parazyme-Deodorant-Fragrance/dp/B005DG18RK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337701073&sr=8-2 I've put them in problem areas before and, no more problem. The only other thing I have seen work as well is a product you put on trees to keep deer from eating them. It is made from everything that they wash out of the big cat cages at the zoo. Smells too bad for me to put on a truck though. :sick:

• Owner

I've got 2 cars parked under the tree and I use a Ultrasonic box & mothball as keeping the mice at bay..3/8" will work but you'll still see more fuel pressure drop than I do because of the limitations of the plumbing.Stock 6mm is good for 75 GPH1/2" lines are good for 570 GPHThose 2 figures are calculating 15 foot straight pipe with 15 PSI at the source and 0 PSI at the far end. As you can see the 1/2" is has the best reserve volume capacity vs. stock. So roughly speaking 3/8" should have about 247 GPH flow rate.

What am I supposed to do with the two extra wire sets from old fuel filter? Vp is in and fass is mounted. Just need to plumb it in and it's done.

--- Update to the previous post...

So I have ports in the platinum one fifty for heating. The destructions say nothing about it. Do I just plug those off? Also do I have to leave stock fuel filter in or can those wires just dangle? Thanks

Sixteen @ idle and no less than thirteen when stomping on it from a stop through all gears of an auto. Still feels weak when you stomp on it at seventy. I'm assuming that's just what it is. This truck is stock other than fass one fifty. Do you guys know what I can do to get some top end out of this thing. Thinking about getting a timbo not sure if I need it but seems like previntitve maintenance. What about injectors. Or a chip or whatever you put on these. Thanks again for the help. The fuel system is rock solid, so what's next?

• Owner

Oh... :doh:Your still stock? Wow you do need a box of some sort like a Edge or Quadzilla then a set of RV275 injectors (+40 HP) or maybe +50 HP injectors. If you adding a enhancement box I would go for a Stealth Plate to tap the wire.But your fuel pressure will have to be turned up more for added mods you dropping too low now to add anything to it because it will drop more as you demand more fuel. It time to consider how much your looking to get out of the truck and plan now BEFORE you buy anything. So if you say you going for 350-375 HP total then look at everything on the truck for weak point fix them first before adding the power. The prevents future failures. :wink:

So how do I get more fuel pressure? New fass one fifty in so is it adjustable? When tank runs low I'll put in a draw straw if that helps. I would be cool with three fifty plus on the hp eventually four.

It does have the same set up as your air dog. Are the two washers in bottom pic implicating that they go in with spring to tighten spring to get more pressure? as the thread states "whipping a dead horse" I'm sure you have gone over all this in other threads, but I appreciate the refresher coarse. So if I get more pressure I intend to do good head bolts first then start trucking on some power mods.

• Owner

Yes... I shimmed up the spring to give more pressure to the system. I know that both AirDog and FASS sell spring with increase pressures. But the shim idea was quick and fast for getting the pressure up. Make sure the ID of the washer will not interfere with flow and the OD will allow it hold the spring without being oversized.

One washer bumped it right up to seventeen. Tried two and got low nineteen. Took them both back out for now. Might try to get a fitted spring from that vendor who tried to take a half a day off, He probably needed it, or try some thinner washers or some combo. Got some mods comin, bahf, rv275, good head bolts, and an edge w/attitude big touch screen. What is this Taping the wire thing your talkin about? Does that part time vendor hAve it?

Almost finished installing the edge with attitude. Spent most of the day on it and a killer touch screen stereo with blue tooth for I phone and a back up camera and garmin. It streams music of my iPhone playlist and all kinda cool stuff. Also rv 275 And head bolts comin tommorow at ten am. Going to check/ adjust valves if needed. I did get some parts from your vendors and am getting more soon. One vendor said don't tap wire on vp for six months or it will void warranty. If I don't what will be missing from edge? So I think I'm going to do the tranny next. Do you guys have any input on that. Want it tough cause after I do that it's all about turbos and straight pipe out the back.the plan is to have a mild mannered four hundred hp. It's happening fast to I've only had this thing for almost two weeks and a hundred fifty miles.