• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Had to make a run into Riggins, ID for propane for the RV and while I was there I pitched a extra $25 bucks in the tank of the Cummins at $4.139 a gallon for diesel... :hyper:http://g.co/maps/7vfdr Now for the weather today is 60*F outside with 60% humidity kind of rainy... Also Riggins, IS at 1,800 ft elevation so its a good climb home again... Cmg 21.9 (Current for the trip) Tmg 24.7 (Current for the tank) Since I did add fuel this is going to be a virtual run. So I'll look at gallons remain on the SGII... post-2-138698187816_thumb.jpg

• Owner

show off

Ok... So what are you paying for diesel right now? Riggins, Idaho - $4.139 New Meadows, Idaho - $4.259 McCall, Idaho - $4.299 Payette, Idaho - $4.149 How far do you have to travel to get fuel? (Round Trip) Riggins, Idaho - 30 miles New Meadows, Idaho - 40 Miles McCall, Idaho - 70 Miles Payette, Idaho - 240 miles You said what? :lmao::lmao2:

Ok... So what are you paying for diesel right now? Riggins, Idaho - $4.139 New Meadows, Idaho - $4.259 McCall, Idaho - $4.299 Payette, Idaho - $4.149 How far do you have to travel to get fuel? (Round Trip) Riggins, Idaho - 30 miles New Meadows, Idaho - 40 Miles McCall, Idaho - 70 Miles Payette, Idaho - 240 miles You said what? :lmao::lmao2:

Great post there Mike. That's what a lot of folks; including the person now occupying the White House, don't seem to get. They've got this "utopian" notion of everyone driving coal fired cars (electric cars) everywhere. You're the perfect example as of now, that's not a viable option. I have access to many fuel stations very close. However, my business would never survive if I had to drive a coal fired car. If you live close to where you work, and don't need to drive a lot, they may be an option. By the way, I just missed my first 20mpg tank of fuel at my last stop. Got 19.8mpg with about 2/5ths towing.:hyper::hyper::hyper: Fuel was $3.84/gal.

My grandpa came down to visit from Tx last week and on his first tank ran 22.9 mpg in his 01 2wd 6 speed with edge ez and propane settup. He had a "ranch style" camper on the bed with a 4 wheeler inside. He is trying for all out mileage but he drives 70mph on an 18hr trip. Next are some rv275's.

• Owner

My grandpa came down to visit from Tx last week and on his first tank ran 22.9 mpg in his 01 2wd 6 speed with edge ez and propane settup. He had a "ranch style" camper on the bed with a 4 wheeler inside. He is trying for all out mileage but he drives 70mph on an 18hr trip. Next are some rv275's.

Sorry if he's looking for mileage he's going to have to get off the interstates and find the back roads and slow down. 70 MPH even in my truck I might get 14-15 MPG at 70-75 MPH even with all the current mods. Speed is a killer... :rolleyes:

Nope... :rolleyes: We still got snow in the high country above the house (above 5,000 ft). I need to travel up to 7,000-7,500 ft for the wood cutting hole. Might start in June... For sure July... :whistle:

Some snow would be welcome around here now. It's really dry, even though we had rain less than 1 week ago. My retriever club is hosting the bi-annual "grand" this weekend. It's supposed to be really warm.............which sucks for dog work. No sense in beatching about the weather though!!!!:2cents::thumb1:

• Owner

here in my neck of the country it is $3.54....i just got back from O.S.U. in stillwater,ok for firefighter training..cause i am a E.R.T memeber at the refinery i work at...driving nicely..a.c on ..using foot feed cause cruise control surges with smarty and the edge juice on together...3.54 gears..automatic..quad cab s.w.b...4x4..doing the speed limit on it is posted..i got home with 397.7 miles..and i still have a half a tank of fuel left..32 oz. of walmarts 2 cycle.

Diesel is still hovering at $4.15-$4.25/gal here in my neck of the woods. Go to Spokane and you'll be paying $4.39/gal.I think my biggest killer is speed. Up here the speed limit is 65-70mph. I usually do just that. I have been averaging 18mpg. Driving here in my town with it kills me even more considering I can do whatever I need to and get back to the house without the dang thing ever being warmed up.What is becoming more interesting is that our gas prices have risen to $3.95/gal last time I looked. The gap on diesel and gas is closing, here.Haha, moparman, up here, the mts. have not even though about thawing out until July! Then you have the mud-season to deal with, too. I really only get a 3-month window to be in the mountains up here. The rest of the time, you don't wanna be up there! Which is okay, cause at the moment I'm only doing my hunting and no firewood, yet.

• Owner

Well Brother we both got to take it the shorts for the fuel prices don't we?!?! From my view point at my desk looking out the window it just turn nice and green on the valley walls. Here soon I'll get a shot at taking a ride on the ATV up Race Creek road towards the firewood hole and take a peek.As for towing I might end up towing twice in next week I might have to haul a load for Relentless70 and then do my haul down to Ontario, OR / Boise, ID...

I just took a trip from Spokane to eastern Montana. Made it all the way from Spokane to Billings on one tank. I did the mpg by hand and it average just about 18 and I was going 75 mph just about all the way through Montana. My pickup weighs over 7000 with a automatic so that is not bad.