• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I don't think its being dipped but not positive. I have had a few 10 minute warm ups on this tank but its never made this huge of a drop. Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

In my prior post, the 19.6mpg tank, I had several 10 minute warm ups to get the ice melting off the windows!!! You and trucks don't get along it'd seem. You must have someone dipping you, or you've got a brake dragging or you're using tar as engine oil!!!! You did get rid of the Frankenstein shoes......didn't you??? I couldn't get that bad of mileage even if I tried to!!!!:ahhh::shrug:

nope, I've got no frankenshoes :)The 24V had a few issues. This one has given me problems since day one.My '96 was the best truck of all. I loved that thing. I sold it due to it being a single cab, and the 4 of us couldn't go anywhere in it together, unless we took two vehicles..

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, my first MPG "report."This is going off of the odometer. (I don't have a GPS)~10.45 MPG.311 miles on ~29.75 gallons. A lot of 10 minute warm-ups, and driving a couple miles here and there, through pastures, etc, towing about 5K - 7K pounds. . . Only about 80 town/highway miles were driven with no load. . .I need a BHAF, and straight pipe. I haven't even done that yet. :wow::doh:NV4500, 3.55's, 215/85/16 road tires. . .

I got her out on the hwy this last weekend and went about 300 miles at 80mph and it killed my mpg. I had the topper on and my average was 16.4. I did have a few miles on that tank pulling the trailer but it was mostly a clutch break in tank and now the fun begins. I stumbled on a smarty cheap so I hope it will improve mpg after the new wears off.

I talked with Michael about a week ago and he said to help mileage turn my Edge Comp all the way up. I kinda thouhgt he was crazy at first but I went to my girlfriends house on Sunday which is a 100 mile round trip. i was driving with the tailgate down and was showing 19.5 avg on the factory trip computer but I have bigger tires so I know that it is wrong, just not sure if it is better or worse than what it shows. Been looking at getting the SG2. Any ideas? Just ordered the BHAF to put on and hope that helps some with mileage.

I talked with Michael about a week ago and he said to help mileage turn my Edge Comp all the way up. I kinda thouhgt he was crazy at first but I went to my girlfriends house on Sunday which is a 100 mile round trip. i was driving with the tailgate down and was showing 19.5 avg on the factory trip computer but I have bigger tires so I know that it is wrong, just not sure if it is better or worse than what it shows. Been looking at getting the SG2. Any ideas? Just ordered the BHAF to put on and hope that helps some with mileage.

I'm not sure I guess I've always driven around with the Edge Comp on 3x5. Are you talking about the economy display or are you hand calculating it? If you're talking about the economy display, you can't rely on those. They are almost always off.

• 1 month later...

Just had the valves adjusted and got rid of my 100hp injectors for some 40hp ones. They are not the Bosch rv's, but they were built and tested by an injection shop in Oregon. Just did a trip this weekend and I'm pushing 22mpg's!! I was really excited because that's on my 35's with no tuner or foolers. It was a 540 mile trip on 25 gallons. Mixed city/highway.

Just had the valves adjusted and got rid of my 100hp injectors for some 40hp ones. They are not the Bosch rv's, but they were built and tested by an injection shop in Oregon. Just did a trip this weekend and I'm pushing 22mpg's!! I was really excited because that's on my 35's with no tuner or foolers. It was a 540 mile trip on 25 gallons. Mixed city/highway.

Is that going off of the odometer, or GPS?

I was getting somewhere between 19-21 when I first bought bought my truck 120k miles ago. Now I am getting 14-16. I would like to know what I can do to get it back to where it was. I am running a comp as a ez. So I am going to try and tap the pump and see if I can get the mpg to come back up with that. I am also running 265/70/17 and and wieght of the tire and wheel is the same as the 265 that I was running before. I am lost at what I could do to help.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2000 with 376k miles, 150hp injectors, FASS fuel, quadzilla w/adrenaline, 3.54 gears (5 speed) and as long as I stay at 68 MPH or below i get a hand calculated 24 MPG. Diesel is 3.89 per gallon today here in western KY.

Are you running an aftermarket turbo or anything? That's a lot of juice for a stock turbo.. Otherwise that's pretty darn good. I would love it if my diesel was that cheap...

• Owner

Riggins, ID is at $4.159 for diesel. As for me I couldn't even play the MPG now that I kind of nuked the MPG number getting a fire call in Whitebird, ID get almost to Riggins, ID and get called off. So this tank is going to be a dud and lower. That why I love the ScanGauge II being I can calibrate it and see it on per day basis then I'm not having to baby the truck every single day but drive as needed.