• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Backup camera

mine also mounts to the license plate. The downside is, if you're using it for the hitching procedure, and have a drop hitch (mine is 10k lb. 6" drop) then you'll just barely see the top-most part of the ball. I'll try to get a picture today, if it stops raining..

Finally got the Edge Camera installed today (all the wiring isn't completed yet).The frame that mounts around the license is very heavy duty. The camera moves up and down for adjusting the picture. It also has LED lights to light up the picture at night (low light).I had a plastic cover over my license plates to help keep them clean and the camera frame allowed me to continue to use the same setup.

post-11041-138698187939_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Does any other cameras work with the edge? I thought about replacing gauges with edge.

The Edge Insight display says it will take any camera input that uses an RCA jack as the connector to the camera. I just completed my wiring hookup and have some pictures and write-up about the camera here: http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5902-Backup-Camera/page2?highlight=camera

• 7 months later...