• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well things just went from interesting to much worse... Raptor died, VP as well.

I's say 40 is a bit to much. I know when I adjusted my ADII I seem to remember it adjusting backwards to the way I thought it shoul adjustt. Did you try adjusting the screw both ways? By the way the ADII adjusts like your raptor. You dont have to swap springs like the AD 100 and 150.

Tried and it went to voice mail. Guessing they are at lunch so waiting an hour...

Joe

--- Update to the previous post...

Well, three hours later and still no return call from Pure Flow.

Took the truck on some errands and it drove just fine. This is with the original VP on it and with 40 psi pressure.

While driving the pressure varies but usually around 37 to 39 or so, and WOT goes down to 32 but otherwise runs fine.

Anyone know if its ok to keep driving like this? Am going to replace the VP anyway but not today. Its 112 degrees today and just too damm hot to be out there in the sun...

Thx, Joe

What kind of pressure gauge do you have, mechanical or electric? How is it connected to the fuel system? Could be your gauge is toasted form VP pulses. Here is a quick read. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/36-fuel-system/34-fuel-pressure-gauge-and-water-hammer-effects When mine went it just pegged out at 30# and did not move until I cut the egine off.

Tried and it went to voice mail. Guessing they are at lunch so waiting an hour...

Joe

--- Update to the previous post...

Well, three hours later and still no return call from Pure Flow.

Took the truck on some errands and it drove just fine. This is with the original VP on it and with 40 psi pressure.

While driving the pressure varies but usually around 37 to 39 or so, and WOT goes down to 32 but otherwise runs fine.

Anyone know if its ok to keep driving like this? Am going to replace the VP anyway but not today. Its 112 degrees today and just too damm hot to be out there in the sun...

Thx, Joe

Why would you change the vp if it's still working? Before I learned what I did here about fuel pressure I was driving around with near 0 psi. When the lift pump crater'd all together I drove it an hour home and it was bucking the whole way and sometimes only had power to go about 40. That was almost 2 years ago and my vp hasn't missed a beat yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted, What concerned me enough to get a new one (its here right now) was the smell that the current VP was making after I got the truck home and shut it down. Strong electrical smell along with "I am hot and not happy with what you are doing to me" smell. If you have ever had any electronics really hot you know the smell and thats what I had, so lost confidence in the unit on the engine right now and went ahead and ordered a new one to swap out. Have talked with several injector pump people and the biggest thing that they stress is that the VP44 does not like heat cycles, and heating them up does wonders to the circuit board on the pump. Evidently thats one of the biggest things that cause the pump to stop working, not a problem with the internal guts of the pump.I would rather spend the $1000 and get a good overhauled unit and swap it out right now than get stuck by the side of the road somewhere in the near future. If I am wrong then at least I did the best I could to get a reliable situation. Part of the problem is that I am a aircraft mechanic and we do not have the option of re-doing things most of the time, it simply has to be correct the first time it goes out, and that thinking extends to my cars even though they never take off! :)Thx, Joe