• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

:thumb1:  .... figured but wasn't quite sure 

picked up a good multimeter from harborfreight so will have to check it out ........ suprised at quality 

Recommend to anyone looking.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-1-digital-multimeter-98674.html

Suprising how much cleaning the terminals helped ....... with a wire brush cleaner ..... 

• Like 1

Is there another name for the transducer or a more specific name? BC Google had it labeled as governor pressure sensor and transducer are same thing....

That's a model year thing. '99 up has a black plastic sensor called a transducer, where as the earlier models have a metal canister style sensor called a sensor; they perform the same function but are not interchangeable.

This weekend I adjusted front band adjustment only BC I am awaiting the arrival of my deep trans pan before I do the rear band adjustment.... If I had to just about thread the hex bolt just about all the way in and by the time I backed out 2 full turns there was basically just enough thread left to put the lock nut back on does that mean that band is just about gone? FML I plan to do rear band and pan and fluid change this coming weekend. Is it worth it to waste a gallon+ of amsoil tranny fluid if a rebuild is near in my future? Or should I save the cash and do it all at once?

• 4 weeks later...

Have you seen this part?

http://www.cascadetransmissionparts.com/46re47regovernorsolenoidhd.aspx

Or have you used it? does it replace the need for the 2 parts listed above? I emailed cascade but no response yet...

Yes they finally got with me but I already ordered just the Borg warner governor solenoid. That part actually replaces the governor as a whole and in turn you get better flow and better reliability. If something happens in the future I will definitely switch to that part.

Yes they finally got with me but I already ordered just the Borg warner governor solenoid. That part actually replaces the governor as a whole and in turn you get better flow and better reliability. If something happens in the future I will definitely switch to that part.

Thanks! I'm going to order it then since I'm due for a tranny service.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of simplicity myself and I was having this same problem. Or so it would seem. After some research, digging with a scan tool, I found out there was procedure to calibrate the throttle sensor. Unhook the batteries for 30 minutes, re hook them, turn the ignition on but don't start, slowly depress the throttle all the way to the floor then slowly release all the way up. Then turn ignition off. Sure enough this fixed problem no more rpm jumping at any speed. Just food for thought

• 2 weeks later...

New member here. I had the lock/unlock issue. I rerouted the main ground wire away from the alternator. That worked for about 1000 miles, then on a rainy day the problem came back. While searching the net for other solutions I reccognized mopar1973man's logo from a post I read on another forum.  His post at the beginning of this thread made a lot of sense to me, as I had thought for some time that alternator noise was the cause of the problem. So, I tried the test removing the 140 amp fuse, and the truck shifted normally. I bought a rebuilt alternator and had it installed. I have just completed a 3000+ trip towing a fifth wheel and there has been no issue.

I sure there are several other causes for this problem, but the alternator was the cause for mine. I just wanted to thank mike nelson for this forum and this thread in particular.

• Like 1

I finally got around to doing my tranny service this past weekend. I replaced the governor pressure solenoid and transducer and of course filter and replaced with amsoil tranny fluid. I also installed a derale deep trans pan. I adjusted rear band while i was in there to. Truck definitely seems to shift better but also seems like it takes longer to shift into 4th. For instance it usually wont shift into 4th until i get above 2k rpms and stay at that for a period of time. Is that normal? I dont really know have only been an owner for about 4 months now and it is not my dd (have a company f150 :doh: ).