• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

brake light ABS light on and speedo not working

brake light and abs lights are on and no speedo any ideas of the cause?

My abs and brake light came on when one of my front wheel bearings went and the brake sensor quit reading properly. I believe the rear sensor can do it also. My manual gets the speed reading from that sensor also. Not sure about an auto. Have you checked for codes?

My abs and brake light came on when one of my front wheel bearings went and the brake sensor quit reading properly. I believe the rear sensor can do it also. My manual gets the speed reading from that sensor also. Not sure about an auto. Have you checked for codes?

p0500 and p1693

The 500 is the rear speed sensor. You can set that code spinning your rear wheels in gravel or what not. But since you lost your speedo it is probably the sensor. It is on top of the rear diff. YOu might try uplugging it and cleaning the connections first and eliminate that as an issue. The 1693 is just a companion code telling you there is a code stored in the other computer. Did you use a scan tool for code retrieval?

The 500 is the rear speed sensor. You can set that code spinning your rear wheels in gravel or what not. But since you lost your speedo it is probably the sensor. It is on top of the rear diff. YOu might try uplugging it and cleaning the connections first and eliminate that as an issue. The 1693 is just a companion code telling you there is a code stored in the other computer. Did you use a scan tool for code retrieval?

i just got the codes of the dash turning key on and off three times

Your are only getting the codes from one computer. Stop by a auto parts store and have them read it with a scanner. The 1693 is indicating there shoulbe at least one more in the other one. I use the key trick on my 02 and it reads both but does not always show everything. When I read mine with the key it will cylce thru any codes and say pdone. Then it will cylce thru again and say pdone a second time. If you are getting pdone once and then the regular odometer reading it is not reading them both, ecm and pcm.

• 2 weeks later...