• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Road noise on my truck

I have a 2001 4x4 Quad Cab with 86k on it. I had a front end noise recently and took it in. They told me my ball joints were going so i had them replaced. I did notice play in them last year but with brand new tires and myself traveling constantly for work, i decided to get them done and be ready for camping season.I still have a noise coming from what seems like the front drivers side of the truck. Very noticable when I brake and turn left. It never makes the noise when turning right. Yesterday hauling home the camper, I noticed it just driving down the road and when i would brake and very noticable when braking and turning left.I am guessing a wheel bearing but not sure? Any thoughts? Seems louder with hauling something vs. an empty truck.Thanks

Sounds to me like it could be the wheel bearing.I don't have the best hearing so when mine was going out on my 2nd gen my wife would ask me "what's taht noise"?One day I had a friend riding with me and everytime I made a turn he told me he could feel something vibrating on his feet (floorboard) telegraphing the noise.It was the passenger side wheel bearing. Had it changed and problem solved.