• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Filled up with fuel tonight...

bjytech

Finally broke under $4 in Idaho Payette, ID $3.989 for diesel. But up here in New Meadows, ID its still $4.109... :spend:

I'm right there with Mike. In my area, diesel is $4.12/gal. Down south a little in CDA, ID, I'm finally seeing it under $4/gal! Its funny though, for us to say these kinds of things... "wooo! Under $4/gal!" Right, cause thats something to scream about! :banghead: Less than $3/gal and I'll start making a face... Also, I was looking on a fuel map recently, guess where the CHEAPEST fuel prices are?! SOUTH CAROLINA! The prices get worse as you start moving towards the west coast, too. South Carolina was under $3/gal! :ahhh:

i was wondring about -$3 diesel even in SC. Fuel has always been cheaper there in my runs up and down the east coast. I fueled up yesterday for 3.58 and today road by the same station and it was 3.50. I have to agrre with Hex on the sub $3 price so I can start:hyper: doing the happy dance. Not sure I will ever be doing that dance though.

My last 5 fill-ups..........1....$3.792....$3.693....$3.674....$3.66 in southern Illinois5....$3.69Believe it or not, diesel wasn't any cheaper in KY when I was down there last week. #4 from above was a fill up in Mt. Vernon, IL on the returen trip from KY. All the others are up here in northern IL.

Went through CDA, ID on Saturday. It was the cheapest area to get fuel at $3.92/gal.

Fueled at the Maverik in Boise today for $3.81. I hope it keeps going down. I could never figure out why we were being gouged so much for diesel. In the cracking process diesel comes off way before gasoline does. So it theoretically has less processing to produce and seems like it should cost less than gas. It used to be that way but now it seems to be at or above the price of gas everywhere I go.

I think that the ULSD takes more processing to lower the sulper content.I just think that and do not know for sure. I am pretty sure the taxes on diesel are higher than gas, at least in NC. Taxes on fuel in NC are one of the highest in the nation and they are considering charging you to drive on I95. Can anyone say TOLL ROAD.

Fill up todaypost-45-138698189279_thumb.jpg It's actually been a month since I have topped off. I went riding pulling our trailer and that had maybe 5000lbs of crap in it and that was going 60-70 (curvy hilly roads the whole way) for 450 miles. Then I been taking it to work the last 150. 18.48 mpg. post-45-138698189287_thumb.jpg

I could never figure out why we were being gouged so much for diesel. In the cracking process diesel comes off way before gasoline does. So it theoretically has less processing to produce and seems like it should cost less than gas.

Your not wrong. When the law dropped the sulfur ppm, the crude units needed to make some minor mods to their vessels, but real minor. The need to improve the sulfur plants for a higher through out was done, and production was continued. I worked the light end frac unit (C3 - C8) for 12 years and that was after the crude units. Some of our cut was shipped to the FCC to be cracked and blended to gasoline, and other products. One of our cut was shipped to the alkylation unit and they made nothing but raw gasoline to be blended. So diesel is after the initial process cut. (cheap to make, like jet, fuel oil and such). Now, lately I heard on the news that sometimes as high as 40% of diesel processed in the good ole USA is shipped out to other countries for a higher profit. And this is allowed by our Feds. Might this be one reason ?

Your not wrong. When the law dropped the sulfur ppm, the crude units needed to make some minor mods to their vessels, but real minor. The need to improve the sulfur plants for a higher through out was done, and production was continued. I worked the light end frac unit (C3 - C8) for 12 years and that was after the crude units. Some of our cut was shipped to the FCC to be cracked and blended to gasoline, and other products. One of our cut was shipped to the alkylation unit and they made nothing but raw gasoline to be blended. So diesel is after the initial process cut. (cheap to make, like jet, fuel oil and such). Now, lately I heard on the news that sometimes as high as 40% of diesel processed in the good ole USA is shipped out to other countries for a higher profit. And this is allowed by our Feds. Might this be one reason ?

I have read about this before that we do indeed export alot of diesel fuel to foreign markets and They do get a better ptice for it overseas.