• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

new diesel enthusaist

• Owner

Welcome to the family...First off the S&B cold air becareful with those kind of filters it doesn't take long for the media to wear out and be passing dust into the engine. If wash the wrong way you can be placing dust and dirt on the inside so when it dries the engine inhales it. As for fuel additive the only additive I use is 2 cycle oil nothing else. Cetane booster tend to reduce BTU content and MPG's. Injector cleaners tend to damage the injectors and pumps. But with CR engine it 200:1 ratio not 128:1. I would highly suggest you upgrade fuel filter to protect the injectors from damage.The biggest thing to improve MPG is to slow down! The second one is reduce your rotational mass/rolling resistance in other words use smaller tires with a narrow footprint.

• Owner

Quick bit of math...34 Gallons x 128 = 4,352 ozs of fuel4,352 / 200 Ratio = 21.7 Ozs of OilSo this would be first dose... All following doses would be change the gallons to the amount pumped and it will figure out the oil amount...For example:14.783 Gallons x 128 = 1,892 Ozs of fuel1,892 / 200 = 9.4 Ozs of oil.Simple right? :shrug:

Mike just typed to you the best way to improve your mileage...................SLOW DOWN!!!! Speed not only kills people, it kills mileage.

The best way to learn to slow down is to put an egg under the "go pedal" and try not to break it when driving!!!!:smart:

If you think I'm kidding....................I'm not!!:2cents::duh:

• 1 month later...

200:1 ratio math... (Gallons of fuel * 128) / Ratio) = How much oil to add. So say your tank is 35 gallons. (35 Gallons * 128) / 200) = 22.4 Ounces So say you stop in and put 10 gallons in... (10 Gallons * 128) / 200) = 6.4 Ounces Not hard at all and can do it on a cellphone...

Speak for yourself Mopar Man.:lmao::lmao2::lmao:some of us are electronically challanged.
  • Like 1