• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I love wrenching on my truck and the beer afterwards.

CSM

You know that post wrenching beer feeling... at least when you've vanquished your foes and fixed everything you planned on fixing? I don't usually get to work on much, since I live in an apartment about an hour and a half from the well stocked shop and all my tools, welder, and all the associated family stuff. It was fun. :thumbup2: Even though the lack of promised trans upgrades were a dissapointment on the new Cummins, I love my new truck.

I started vacation this weekend, and I planned two days as truck wrench session. I planned on changing all fluids, putting a wrench on what I can get it on, and give the new rig a through once over.

I did run into a couple surprises. Metal chips in the trans pan, my 7 year old Pioneer head gave up the ghost finally, and rubbed a hole in the lower radiator hose.

I also figured out why my two power heated towing mirrors didn't work. The previous owner crushed the wiring looms when he put them on, and both sets of wires are cut. The left side is junked, but the right side may be salvagable.

I am going to take the truck to the local cummins trans guru and have him put in a billet tq converter and probably a billet input at minimum... though we shall see. I think the previous owner did a number on it judging from the state of the fluid in the pan... On top of the trans wasn't built for the engine that was on it.

Fun times!

Posted Image

New wheels... gotta decide rubber.

Posted Image

Debugging wiring crap

Posted Image

Test rig with old speaker for tracing wires... quicker on audio than a multimeter.

Posted Image

I think I've got you're problem figured out!!!!!!:smart:IMHO, your tires are "too" wide. That set up would "suck" in snow storm!!!:smart::smart:I'm hitting up tire companies to make a "pizza cutter" tire in 17"!!!!:banghead::banghead:Tall and thin..........is in!!:duh::2cents:

• Like 1

• Owner

I think I've got you're problem figured out!!!!!!:smart:IMHO, your tires are "too" wide. That set up would "suck" in snow storm!!!:smart::smart: I'm hitting up tire companies to make a "pizza cutter" tire in 17"!!!!:banghead::banghead: Tall and thin..........is in!!:duh::2cents:

I've actually considered got to a 215/85 R16 next... :wow: (Also a stock tire size for 1 tons)

Always better when you got friends helping you fix your truck :truck: and drink beer :party: too...

I need better friends. Most would rather go golf... plus it was fathers day. But, I am enroute to glacier natl park for some camping and fishing. If we get near you, beer is on me.

I just finished working on my truck (for today anyway) and am currently partaking in a nice fresh Yuengling. Thats good beer.

No Yuengling in this part of Iowa. Ordered one in my home town and they charged me import price. I looked at the waitress and asked her how much it cost to import a beer from Pennsylvania. Oldest brewery in America, Yuengling that is. They are mighty good

• Owner

I need better friends. Most would rather go golf... plus it was fathers day.

But, I am enroute to glacier natl park for some camping and fishing. If we get near you, beer is on me.

Your going to pass me in the Northern part of the state...:cry:

You'll go past hex0rz in the northern part of the state too. You too could get together and say hi for sure...

No Yuengling in this part of Iowa. Ordered one in my home town and they charged me import price. I looked at the waitress and asked her how much it cost to import a beer from Pennsylvania. Oldest brewery in America, Yuengling that is. They are mighty good

That sucks. It's all around here, just not actually here. But I frequently visit family and friends in the neighboring states and always have extra to bring back. I just had it on tap from down in tenn a few weeks ago. Mighty fine.

Schells Brewery in New Ulm Minnesota claims to be the oldest brewery in the nation as well. I too debate all the USA brewed micro brews and such being labeled as "Imports".:banghead: EDIT: after looking at both Yuenling and Schell's sites looks like Yuenling is about 31 years older thus claiming the oldest brewery title. I have never heard of Yuenling myself so can not comment on it. My everyday drinking beer is Coors original Banquet beer but my wife and I both like the dark bocks and such but neither of us like the bitterness of pale ales or IPA's.:sick:

I might have to reconsider friending you Drip. Friends don't let friends drink Yeungling :tongue::tease::whistle:
  • Like 1

How could you not like Yuengling? And to compare it to Platinum! Even if you don't like it, thats just wrong. In all reality, I haven't ever been a beer drinker, just hadn't ever found one that I liked. I tried so many different imports (both local and import imports), local brews, big brand beers and their derivatives, all with a NO GO. I tried Yuengling traditional lager and actually look forward to having a beer now. I have only had the traditional lager and the lager light, and really like both of those. I have been unable to locate any of the others, but as long as I can get one of the two traditional style lagers, I don't mind. For those that do not like Yuengling, whats your recommendation, I am open to try new beer, I may like it more and throw rocks at Yuengling, its hard to say. I'm only brand loyal because I like it, not because I was taught it was the best. (Not accusing anyone of that, just making a statement that I am open to change)

How could you not like Yuengling? And to compare it to Platinum! Even if you don't like it, thats just wrong. In all reality, I haven't ever been a beer drinker, just hadn't ever found one that I liked. I tried so many different imports (both local and import imports), local brews, big brand beers and their derivatives, all with a NO GO. I tried Yuengling traditional lager and actually look forward to having a beer now. I have only had the traditional lager and the lager light, and really like both of those. I have been unable to locate any of the others, but as long as I can get one of the two traditional style lagers, I don't mind.

For those that do not like Yuengling, whats your recommendation, I am open to try new beer, I may like it more and throw rocks at Yuengling, its hard to say. I'm only brand loyal because I like it, not because I was taught it was the best. (Not accusing anyone of that, just making a statement that I am open to change)

I think Rogan was talking about Keystone light. At least I hope so. As far as beer goes. I think alot of the small brewers make some mighty good beer and I love trying them out. I enjoy good whiskey or bourbon on ocassions, but i seem to drink to much of them. Beer is my bevarage of choice and it seems ther never a lack of variety to try. I was pretty much a bud man until I ried out the Yeungleng. Buy it most of the time now. But really do enjoy checking out the local brewers any where I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Schells Brewery in New Ulm Minnesota claims to be the oldest brewery in the nation as well.

I too debate all the USA brewed micro brews and such being labeled as "Imports".:banghead:

EDIT: after looking at both Yuenling and Schell's sites looks like Yuenling is about 31 years older thus claiming the oldest brewery title.

I have never heard of Yuenling myself so can not comment on it.

My everyday drinking beer is Coors original Banquet beer but my wife and I both like the dark bocks and such but neither of us like the bitterness of pale ales or IPA's.:sick:

For what it is worth. I went to the Yuengleng site and it says they started the brewery in 1839 under a differant name. They change the name to Yuengleng In the late 1800's. So maybe they both have bragging rights. I never heard of Schells, but when I see one I will try one.

- - - Updated - - -

I might have to reconsider friending you Drip. Friends don't let friends drink Yeungling :tongue::tease::whistle:

And you, Ill be in SC one day. I will save all the Keystone light for you.:lol::lmao2::lol: