• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Valve

Oh man, yesterday was no fun. I think alot had to do with the fact I neglected my well-being. I did not drink enough water or eat enough food. On top of that, it was the hottest day we have had in a while. I ended up wearing black clothing. Couple that with the headache of working on a vehicle and trying to be smart about things. It all just goes downhill for me and turns into a "cluster"...Airdogs will prime the pump everytime you turn the ignition to the ON position. Its supposed to only run for like 1-2 seconds and then shut off. If you crank the engine it runs constantly. If you bump start it, the pump primes for 25 seconds IIRC.For some reason though, when I just turned the ignition on, it just kept flowing. My guess is that it kept flowing causing it was not pressurizing. :shrug:

• Owner

Remember the ECM controls the lift pump circuit. Then also remember there is no fuel pressure sensor on these trucks so there is no way for the ECM to see pressure. Rare but it does happen when you turn the key on and have the pump run a full 25 second prime cycle. Today was you day...I'm normally a stickler about keeping hydrated and fed. :rolleyes:

Dont feel to bad. When I put my AD on I went to prime the fuel system and forgot I had disconnected the fuel line form the filter canister. Just sat in the truck happy it was the pump was working properly. I was listening to it run when I finally realized all the fuel was running on the ground. I had no kity litter or any thing like it, so I pushed the truck back and set the puddle on fire and burnt it off. I dont think the hazmat people would of approved of that, but it was the only option available at the time.

Remember the ECM controls the lift pump circuit. Then also remember there is no fuel pressure sensor on these trucks so there is no way for the ECM to see pressure.

Rare but it does happen when you turn the key on and have the pump run a full 25 second prime cycle. Today was you day...

I'm normally a stickler about keeping hydrated and fed. :rolleyes:

I ought to go and buy a lottery ticket then, eh? Also, I usually am pretty good about being hydrated and fed, but I get into this mindset when I'm working on the truck. Gotta get it done, stop screwing around, times wastin'! Like I'm my own boss or something, haha...

Dont feel to bad. When I put my AD on I went to prime the fuel system and forgot I had disconnected the fuel line form the filter canister. Just sat in the truck happy it was the pump was working properly. I was listening to it run when I finally realized all the fuel was running on the ground. I had no kity litter or any thing like it, so I pushed the truck back and set the puddle on fire and burnt it off. I dont think the hazmat people would of approved of that, but it was the only option available at the time.

Well, I don't think it would have mattered actually. One way or another its going to be a "pollutant" to the environment somehow. The kitty litter is going right into the trash when I pick it up. Burning it off would have been better idea, but it was too close to the house.

You oughta look into seeing how they deal with large hazmat operations with contaminated dirt. Usually they throw it into a furnace and burn the dirt until its clean. Granted, they probably have an excellent EPA mandated setup to do it.. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so I got the OEM canister removed from the bay. I did not like to see it in there when it served no purpose, really. But, now that I did that, the WIF light is on. What can I do to disable it? Can I just bridge the terminals?

- - - Updated - - -

OH yea, almost forgot. MY pressure sweep is only 3psi from idle to WOT, now! :hyper:

Actually you got water or liquid in the plug of the WIF light... Use compressed air and blow it out then use a zip tie and plastic bag and cover it over and zip tie the plastic bag on.

Well, I could see why that is possible. Today, the light did not even come on. So the liquid must not be on plug terminals anymore. I just figured that the computer may have sensed after a while that it was unplugged and stopped coming on... I keep having air bubbles in my fuel line to my gauge isolator. Talk about frustrating... How much air can I have in the line before it would make a difference on my pressure gauge?

• Owner

As for isolators to gauge that cannot have air bubbles... Remember if you have a low pressure problem always pull the isolator out and retest with just the gauge hooked up and 99% of the time you'll find the isolator causing the low pressure display.Now if it was direct plumbed its not as critical but the numbers are always more accurate.