• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i see in your sig that you dont run a "box"? so you are verifying that off of the instrument cluster guage?seems like there is a key on off trick or something that when you do it...it "tachs" everything out and then goes back to zero...and this maybe on the c.r. trucks..not sure....so doing this moparman...is it recalibrating the guages per say?what if possiblely the factory guage is faulty?i would love to help get this figured out so you dont have to be "down" and be out alot of out of pocket $$...your oil level is o.k. still....see any white smoke in the last couple of days?

i see in your sig that you dont run a "box"? so you are verifying that off of the instrument cluster guage?seems like there is a key on off trick or something that when you do it...it "tachs" everything out and then goes back to zero...and this maybe on the c.r. trucks..not sure....so doing this moparman...is it recalibrating the guages per say?what if possiblely the factory guage is faulty?i would love to help get this figured out so you dont have to be "down" and be out alot of out of pocket $$...your oil level is o.k. still....see any white smoke in the last couple of days?

sig says Edge Comp.. :think: what's the hp on those 7x.010s? Am I mistaken in thinking those are about 140hp sticks??

• 3 weeks later...

I was suggested a gates t-stat because they only have 1 jiggle pin so I ordered one from rockauto. Well it came today and looks just like the napa t-stats with 2 jiggle pins. I put it in and it acts the same way but then I remember my buddy with a d-max saying something about electrical something or another in the radiators of chevys hurting something. When I had my radiator cleaned and rodded I put it back on and just ran water for a day or two and it acted perfect but when I put antifreeze back in the same ole fluctuation starts again. I never had a problem when I ran the green stuff but have had since I started with this red fleet stuff. I wonder if there is any connection?:think:

Mine started long before the big line kit I installed. I might have to make sure I try purely old style anti freeze next time. I believe I have been using the type that works in both newer and older. I will give it a try with just water and see what happens with mine. I know we have the opposite problem, but it would be worth experimenting.

Also, I just had problems with my tq convertor locking and unlocking in the rain but after I cleaned terminals and resset apps it was fine until I flushed the engine out. There must be something that is getting wet on the passenger side when it rains and I got it wet again tonight because on the last run it was acting a fool again. Anybody wanna swap a 1st gen 5 speed for a 98 24v auto?:whistle:

I have been considering it more and more lately but this temp thing is driving me up the wall. When I get it fixed there will be another problem so I dont know why im letting this one bother me so much.:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

If I were to put another temp gauge in the location of the oe sensor and not even have the oe sensor hooked up would the truck run right or without a temp reading would it think the engine is cold? Mike, what ohm resistor would it take to make it think its running about 190? I may hook up another gauge just to see if it fluctuates, if it doesnt I will hook the oe sensor back up and move the external gauge down the head a few ports.

- - - Updated - - -

Lookin at this gauge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261052269133?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649