• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EGT and thermo couple

I noticed my EGT gauge was pretty whacky today. It was bouncing up and down, and when I floored it it actually decreased in temp. As soon as I started to back off it would increase. Just kinda all over the scale. I am thinking the thermo couple is going bad. Anyone had this happen before?

I noticed my EGT gauge was pretty whacky today. It was bouncing up and down, and when I floored it it actually decreased in temp. As soon as I started to back off it would increase. Just kinda all over the scale. I am thinking the thermo couple is going bad. Anyone had this happen before?

No, your fine. You just did not realize the fuel companies have released a new form of environmentally friendly diesel! When you get on the eco-pedal, your engine no longer spews out cancer causing carcinogens, but rather spews out rainbow colored smoke that causes happy thoughts. Which induces people to think about the world more. Then they go off about wanting to eat granola bars and planting trees and hugging bunnies... ...a sad day, indeed. :lmao:

dripley, what gauge do you have?

I have a Banks Dyna fact connected thru a thermo couple. I cant remember if it goes thru the otto mind tuner . but i think not. It has worked fine the past 2 days but still acts up. sometimes I stick my foot to the floor and it hangs. Let off and and it jumps 4 or 500 degrees. Not sure what is happening.

I dont know how to test those but I experienced something similar awhile back with my pyrometer. I have an Isspro and my EGT's were acting up and clearly reading inaccurate. I called Isspro and they showed me how to test both the gauge and the signal box. If either of those checked out then it was the thermocouple. Maybe Banks can do the same for you if you give them a call.

I have a Banks Dyna fact connected thru a thermo couple. I cant remember if it goes thru the otto mind tuner . but i think not. It has worked fine the past 2 days but still acts up. sometimes I stick my foot to the floor and it hangs. Let off and and it jumps 4 or 500 degrees. Not sure what is happening.

I can tell you how to test your gauge and thermocouple. But if you have a box in between, that is over my head. Read through this and you can get an idea on how to test them. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5834-Just-can-t-seem-to-get-a-break

I dont know how to test those but I experienced something similar awhile back with my pyrometer. I have an Isspro and my EGT's were acting up and clearly reading inaccurate. I called Isspro and they showed me how to test both the gauge and the signal box. If either of those checked out then it was the thermocouple. Maybe Banks can do the same for you if you give them a call.

I will have to give Banks a call. It worked fine today and yesteday morning, but was a little goofy yesterday afternoon.