• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ebay turbos and gauge sets???

I'm having a hard time finding a HX35 to replace my Hy35. So I have been surfing ebaymotors and there are several vendors selling them for around $300. Have any of you guys tried one? Are they junk? Also I was searching for a gauge pod set up and found some stuff made by Glowshift. They are about $200. I'm assuming they must be junk if they are that cheap. I'm wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

• Owner

Glowshift gauges go back and forth. Some think they are just cheap china products and other love them because at least it a set of gauges and didn't cost a arm and a leg to get. Then at least glowshift gauges sells the senders for the fuel pressure gauges for $19 bucks so replacement is tough either if you damage a sender. :wink:

I bought the three pod glowshift set, pyro, fuel pressure and boost. I have liked them so far, it was the cheapest way to go and it got me a set of gauges quick. I am not sure if the fuel pressure sending unit is acting up or if the fuel pump drops pressure as much as my gauge says when I get on it. I have had them for about two year and still like them, I am sure the other gauges would work better for a longer time, but as I said money is tight and I was able to get the gauge cluster sooner rather than having to save up and wait longer to get the gauges. I do like that I can change color on them, at night it is nice to have the red face so it does not shine a brighter light in my eyes.

I bought the glowshift gauges, they are cheap and at least I will be able to moniter my truck better than I can right now. I just got back from my trucks first big tow with my 30 foot holiday trailer. It didn't go very well, I should have checked my rad. It was badly plugged and I was running over 3/4 on the gauge the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had one glowshift, it was the fuel pressure, the sending unit lasted 3 days that was enough for me to get isspro. The turbos, you know by some of those guys ratings close to 100, i would say maybe they arent that bad.i mean someone just needs to be able to install good seals and bearings to make a good turbo, keep researching and ask the seller a lil history on them, what kind of warranty, how many have they sold. go into there feedback and look who bought one, and email the buyer to see if its working.