• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have an XZT+ also. It's possible A) a bad connection in the harness between the XZT & the Cummins.B) that your download was faulty C) your truck doesn't like that download. To download a program, you probably removed the XZT from the truck... I'd look first at the connection. The XZT+ has a "off" position on the toggle... Did you try that setting? If it still acted up, then I'd be looking at the XZT/harness/switchI think the "middle" setting is the same (except for added features) in all the down loads.The +70 setting is where the majority of the changes happen in the down loaded programs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds like the XLT is giving you the code. Internally screwed up on the boost fooling circuit. As for the battery voltage you look like you got some rotten cables if the voltage is wandering that wide from one side to the other. Might consider this test... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/34-engine-system/136-voltage-drop-testing-of-wiring-and-feed-cables As for ether don't use it... Your taking a risk of the grid heater possibly igniting it in the manifold and cause a explosion. If you need to use it make sure to unhook the grid heater lead from the battery so the grid heater will not come on.

Along with the pssibility of the grid heaters igniting the ether, it has a nasty habit of cracking piston rings. Just recently had to overhaul 3 engines from them being started with ether. Each engine had a minimum of 2 cylinders where the upper compression ring was in 3-4 pieces.