• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2-stroke oil container

Everyone says to add 1 oz per gallon of fuel. What is everyone using to measure or store their oil in their truck prior to filling up? I have used 2 stroke for the last 3 or 4 years in my old 12v and now in my 24v. I have always just carried the walmart gallon jug in my toolbox and I used the hose part off of one of these funnels: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/FTL0/10704/N0027.oap?ck=Search_funnel_N0027_-1_1567 . The hose and valve unscrews off the white funnel part and is the same threads as the gallon jug. I always kinda guess how much oil to pour in depending on how low on fuel I am but have never measure it out. Sometimes the hose funnel doesn't seal well on some bottles and can be messy too. I am thinking of finding some small bottles and just fill them up out of the big jug at home and carry a few small bottles. Maybe like 20oz pop bottles then you know if your down to a 1/3 tank use the whole thing or whatever. What does everyone else use?

I bought 1 quart 2 cycle bottles of TCW3 OB oil at WM... I refill them from a gallon jug at home. My typical fill up needs about 12 oz. After refilling & leave the cap loose & squeeze them in the middle... this way the quart bottles fit in my door pockets. I carry 4-5 bottles.

My old truck I made a rack that went from the back of bed by tailgate and went to the wheel well that kept the gallon jug stood up and easy to get and also had my mount for my nitrogen tank. Worked slick but I had a topper on it so just had to open lid and grab jug. With the hose funnel it kept it clean except for the bottles it didn't want to seal on well. I just guessed on the fill though.

I get the 1 litre containers here, (I think, never looked actually..lol). I usually just wait until i think i'm about 1/4 tank left then fill it up and add about 1/2 the bottle. Too much ? too little? IDK but seems to be keeping it happy.:thumbup2:

when i owned my c.r. trucks i ran Lucas in the fuel..and i always bought the big 32 oz. bottle..cause besides the printing the whole bottle is clear...fill it up after i get home from a fuel fill up..Posted Image

- - - Updated - - -

blue stuff looks better in there..hehe

• 2 weeks later...