• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tranny swap?

are you sayin Rogan that i only got a 50-50 chance of liking the 5 or 6 speed? i'm sorta leanin toward just gettin my auto built to a stage 4 or something similar just short of a race tranny. since this thing makes my living it needs to be reliable:pray:. not sure whats :smart: right now:shrug:

I think it comes down to personal preferance. It may cost more to build a solid auto, but by the time you spend the money on a swap and a good clutch the difference may be marginal. Personally, Ive got a good auto built for towing and I love it. A standard will get a little better mileage running around town, but running down the road I dont think theres much difference, especially once the auto locks up. The only thing I plan on doing to mine is an eb when I can afford it.Other than that, Im really happy with it.

Well it looks like I'll keep the tranny I got. Probly get it built with BD and ATS parts. I already put in a good TC a while ago and so I'm already invested in it. I think I'll probly get BD's lock-up controller when i do it to at least get me the solid feel to each gear i want and better downshifting. I ges we'll see what all my builder recommends:spend::broke::broke: