• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gosh It's Hot!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE HEAT! Been 100+ for weeks now. I love going to work at 5 or 6am or whenever and it being a perfect 80*, windows down...so nice, especially last week when i was being sent to a place 45 min away, I always left early and took the scenic route. Only bad thing is I work next to this cooling tower and its so hot by 10am that it's hard not to jump in, but I don't mind the scorching heat. I hate the cold, I would move to death valley in an instant. Actualllly I video taped that cooling tower.

http-~~-//youtu.be/N6heo2Wcp5A

Now you see the temptation..
OMG!!!! Were you a "breech" birth and the doctor smacked on the head a bit too hard; because he couldn't tell one end from the other????!!!!! The way I see it is this.........you can always add layers of clothes and burn more fuel to keep warm. You can only strip down so far before the police come and get your naked butt and haul you off to the fun house!!!
  • Like 2

• Staff

Boise hit 100°, but I only saw 99.8° at our place. Down to 95° now as a thunderstorm is moving in. It feels pretty humid, but I just checked and it's at 14%...

The way I see it is this.........you can always add layers of clothes and burn more fuel to keep warm. You can only strip down so far before the police come and get your naked butt and haul you off to the fun house!!!

I agree!! However, I am not sure "fun house" is the correct term when you show up nekked...

:ahhh: 101F in the shade, 115 in the sun! I think something must be wrong with the thermometer... Certainly don't feel that hot..Maybe cause I'm acclimated to the heat now from all the fire dept. stuff. :lol:A cool 70F in the house with the A/C on. :thumbup2:Weather site says I'm at about 92F though. :think:

Todays weather stats for Mopar1973Man... High of 99*F Low of 60*F ...and it's still 87*F in the house right now.. No A/C here...:pant:

No a/c that would suck. It has been in the 90's here an my home a nice 72. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Todays weather stats for Mopar1973Man... High of 99*F Low of 60*F ...and it's still 87*F in the house right now.. No A/C here...:pant:

Do you leave your windows open during the day? We have central air as it is very humid during the summer months but last week the control board in the furnace went south, leaving us "stranded" during the hottest week of the year. In the meantime, we have been keeping the house buttoned up tight during the hottest part of the day until the evening hours when its cool enough to open the windows up for some fresh air. Its been between 96 and 98* everyday so far with a heat index of 102 to 104 and the hottest our house has been is 84*. Im gonna hug my ac man when he shows up with my board. :)

...and it's still 87*F in the house right now.. No A/C here...:pant:

Mikey! You need to get a window-unit... No sense in not forking out the cash for one! I know, there expensive... I guess you are probably doing all your work in your truck, huh. :lmao:

Saturday, it was like 105*F with 112*F heat index.Sunday was 100*F with a 105*F heat index.Last evening, a wicked thunderstorm blew in, followed by a cool front.Right now, 71*F with a 77*F heat index.Looks to be in upper 70s to lower 80s here all week. YAY!

I lived in Amarillo for 2 years, so technically, I'm a former Texican. Didn't like the 115*/10% humidity days then also ...........only saving grace was that Amarillo is at 3600 feet, and cools down nicely at night...............but still not cool enough for me!!!!:smart: